27

Sleepless nights are something I'm accustomed to

Usually, I toss and turn for most of the night and sometimes, sometimes, I'll get a few hours in the early mornings.

But sometimes, like last night, my alarm will go off and I will still be awake.

Letting out a sigh, I picked up my phone and turned off the alarm.

Getting out of bed, I made my bed before heading to the bathroom to start my morning routine.

When I was getting out of the shower, I heard movements in the hallway, indicating that my dad was awake.

I'm supposed to start working for him today.

Right after school, I'll get in my car and go over to his firm and stack papers and fetch coffee.

I can do that.

I can learn to be good at that.

I can learn to be a good daughter.

A sharp knock on the door made me snap out of my thoughts.

"Yes?" I voiced.

"You have a dentist appointment this morning." My father said and I frowned.

For what? My six month check up isn't for another two months or so.

"What time?" I asked. 

"Eight thirty." He said. "It's just a consult for your wisdom teeth?"

That makes more sense.

"Okay." I told him before grabbing my toothbrush.

I made sure to brush double the time.

I need perfect teeth.

[0]

"You need to get your wisdom teeth taken out." Dr. Olson Saunders and I nodded.

"So, the nurse is going to come in here and explain the procedure for you and you can set up an appointment day." He explained before taking his belongings and walking out of the room.

A few minutes later, the nurse walked in with a sheet of paper in her hands.

"Hi Rose." She smiled and I returned it with a smile of my own.

"Dr. Olson probably already told you that you need your wisdom teeth taken out." She said and I nodded.

She explained the procedure to me in approximately three sentences before handing me a sheet of paper.

"This if you want more information on the process." She smiled and I nodded.

"And that's all for today." She smiled again. "Just go up to the front desk and they will set an appointment for you." She nodded and I stood up from the chair.