23

"Guess what?" Mia asked with a wide smile as I took my seat at lunch

"Yes?"

"It's April second." She replied and I frowned.

"And?"

"Don't you remember?" Sam asked me and my frowned deepened.

"Rose, what did you promise us on April second of last year?" Mia asked and my brain started going a million miles a second as I tried to remember.

"I can't think back to a whole year ago." I shook my head and the two of them smiled at me.

"That's okay." Sam smiled while Mia took out her phone.

"This will help you remember." Mia said before showing me her phone.

The second that I saw my face on her screen, my heart stopped.

Oh no.

How could I have forgotten that stupid video?

"Let me just play that for you." Sam leaned forward and pressed play on the video on Mia's phone.

Last year, the girls kept pestering me with questions of to why I didn't want to go to Junior Prom.

I got so annoyed that  just to shut them up, I told them that if I didn't go on one date this year, they could drag me to prom and even pick my prom date.

The video wasn't even thirty seconds long and I could barely hear due to the noise in here, but at the very end I said the words the girls were looking for.

"I Rosalee Thorne promise that if I don't go on a single date this upcoming year, Mia Deliah Brown and Samantha Morgan Dove may take me to prom and pick my date." My stupid face said before the video came to an end.

"That doesn't mean anything." I told them.

"It means everything." Sam argued.

"I just wanted you guys to stop talking." I confessed. "My father would never allow me to attend prom."

Not that I would care.

"Don't play that card again." S rolled her eyes.

She would never understand.