Chapter 1 - The Party

Emily's POV

I heard my alarm clock go off, and it was already 6 am. "Shit I have to get ready" I said to myself as I was pulling the covers off me. It was the first day of school after spring break, Even though it was thursday, I didn't get why we couldn't wait until next week to start school. and this was my senior year in high school. 

I had to make this year great, since the last two years have been pretty tough. My parents had divorced, and my mom was always blaming me for my dad leaving. Even though she was the one who was drinking all day, because she lost her job as a model, and me and my dad always had to clean up after her, after he left, I only got to see him in the weekends, he didn't even want to look at my mom, she was a huge mess. She was always making me do all the chores around the house, and saying shitty things to me, like I'm fat and she called me other harsh names, and after a while I started believing what she told me, so I stopped eating, and started purging after every meal I had, and I still feel fat to this day, but I don't know how to stop.

I went into my bathroom and turned on my straightner, and put a little make up on, I'm not a big fan of make up, so I just use the regular stuff like mascara and a little foundation. After my straightner had heated up I straightned my hair, but it was hard work, because my hair is so messed up since I dye it to a different color every month. I heard my mom yelling from downstairs:

-Emily! get your fat ass down here and make me some breakfast!

-I'm coming, I yelled back. I took my bag and threw on some clothes and then I went down stairs, and of course my mom sat on the couch with a bottle of wine in her hand and a cigarette in the other. I started making a turkey sandwitch for my mom, but nothing for me, I can't eat, then I'll get even more fat than I already am. As I was giving the sandwitch to her she slapped me in the face, something she had never done before.

-What the hell took you so long? And you shouldn't be eating something, you look like a hippo, you're so fat Emily! She screamed in my face. I felt the tears forming in my eyes, and I had to turn around so she wouldn't see, if she saw it she would probably just laugh at me or something.

I ran out the door and sat down in my car, turned the music up and started crying. "How could she just slap me like that, she's my mother" I thought to myself as I turned on the engine and started driving to my school. It wasn't that far, it was only like a 10 minute drive. As I pulled over at the school's parking lot, my two best friends Kendall and Nina were waiting for me. Thank god I have them in my life, but they don't know about what my mom says or do to me, and I want to keep it that way.

-So Emily, what are you doing this weekend? Kendall asked me with a huge grin on her face.

-I don't know, I haven't made any plans yet, why? I asked.

-Well, you know Caleb right? 

-Yes, I said. Caleb was the football teams quarterback and the hottest guy in school, everyone wanted him, but him and Kendall had a summer fling so all the girls were really jealous of Kendall.

-He's having this huge party on friday, and he said I should ask you to come! Apperantly one of his team mates is really into you, but he wouldn't say which one, but you have to come! Kendall almost yelled in excitement.

-Yeah, I'll come! I said, I'll do anything to get away from my mom at this moment, and since my dad is on vacation with his new girlfriend, I couldn't stay there this weekend. 

We walked off to class toghether, but school only lasted for like three hours because it was the first day back, so me, Nina and Kendall decided to go to the mall. As we arrived, there were paparazzies everywhere.