Chapter 23 - Sorry Is Not Good Enough

Demi's P.O.V

To say I was shocked was an understatement, who the hell does she think she is kissing my girlfriend like that? I looked over at Marissa and she had an angry expression showing on her face, and was heading for the door again. I quickly ran back to the car, I couldn't stand seeing that, I trusted her with my heart and she crushed it like it was nothing to her. I'm not going to say anything to her, if she doesn't tell me what happened within the next 2 hours, we're over! As I came over to my car I saw Marissa running towards me. She quickly opened her arms for me and I collapsed right into them. I didn't realize I was crying until she wiped some tears away from my cheeks.
-I'm sure she has an explanation for that Dems, if not I'm going to kick her ass so hard that she's going to break it, Marissa said with a serious face. I couldn't help but giggle a little bit, but it faded immidiatly and was replaced by more tears.
-How could she do that Mar? She said she loved me, and I actually opened up to her and now I don't know what to do, I'm leaving in 4 days and she was supposed to be my lucky charm and now it's all ruined by that bitch in there, I said sobbing.
-Shh, Demi, it's going to be okay, maybe it was just a mistake, Marissa said and opened the passenger door for me. I sat down and she made her way to the drivers side. We both sat completly quiet for the ride home, I felt tears rolling down my cheeks, but I didn't give a fuck, I'm hurt and I'm allowed to cry.

When we pulled up in my driveway, I ran out of the car and sprinted up to my room, locking the door behind me. At least now I remebered to lock the door, I remember all the times me and Emily had a make out session or something, we always forgot to lock the doors. Thinking back to that made me cry even more. If she doesn't have a good explanation, I don't know what to do, I'll probably never date anyone again, it hurts too much in the end, and I don't want to feel what Im feeling right now again, I wouldn't even wish it on my worst enemy, and I knew there was only one person I could talk to about this. Even if Marissa is my best friend, she sucks at giving relationship advice, the only one I know won't judge me is Selena. I picked up my phone and dialled her number. We haven't talked for a few months and I miss her, so maybe I could ask her to hangout aswell. The phone rang 4 times before someone picked up, but it wasn't Selena.
-Heyy Demi, a male voice said.
-Uhm, hi, who am I speaking to and where's Selena? I asked.
-Oh, she's in the shower, and it's Justin, haven't talked to you in a while, he said. Why hadn't Selena told me they were dating again, last time we spoke she said it was over for good, and she seemed pretty serious. I mean I love Justin, but he can be kind of an ass sometimes.
-Okay, can you tell her to call me when she's done, it's really important, I said.
-Sure thing Demi, it was nice talking to you again, we should all hangout sometime, I miss you and Wilmer, he said and I could almost picture him smiling. He and Wilmer got along quite well considering their age differences, I think Justin looked up to him, so it was kind of funny.
-We're not together anymore, I'll tell you about it another time, just tell Sel to call me later okay? I asked.
-Okay, bye Dems, Justin said and hung up. Just as I hung up I got another phonecall, guess who it was?

Emily's P.O.V

It took me a moment to realize what just happened, but as soon as it clicked I felt so disgusted, and all I could think about was Demi. I pushed her off as soon as I could and it looked like she had a hurt expression on her face.
-Why the hell did you do that? I said angrily and slapped her across the face. She looked utterly shocked by my reaction and help her cheek where I had just hit her. It didn't tak long before a few tears rolled down her cheeks. I couldn't understand how she dared playing the guilty card on me, she freaking kissed me and I have a girlfriend, not just any girlfriend either, the most perfect girlfriend anyone could ask for. I soon understood that she wasn't going to answer me so I stood up and crossed my arms over my chest.
-I asked you a question Nina, and you better answer it if you ever want to hangout with me again, I threatned.
-I-I don't know, I think I'm bi, and I feel like you're the only one who understands it, and I've had a crush on you for a few months, I thought you knew, and the way you've been so nice to me these past few weeks I thought you liked me Emily, sh said and sobbed on my couch, or Jasons couch, but whatever, why the hell would she think Ihad a crush on her? She's not my type at all, I see her more as a sister than a possible girlfriend and the fact that she crossed that line made me super pissed.
-I like you Nina, but as a sister, not in any kind of romantic way, and I have a girlfriend, she's gonna kill me if she finds out, and probably break up with me too, I said as I started to pace around in the living room. Nina narrowed her eyes at me.
-When did you get a girlfriend, and why didn't you tell me? She asked as she had stopped crying.
-A few weeks ago, and I didn't want to tell you because you can't keep your fucking mouth shut! I screamed as tears started rolling down my cheeks aswell.
-Omg, Emily I'm really sorry, if I had known I would never have done what I did, but if you don't mind me asking who is she? I've never seen you hang out with one girl in particular besides Kendall, and I know it's not her, she said frowning.
-You don't know her okay, but can you please leave now, I have to call her, and I can't talk to you right now, I don't want to say anything to you that I might regret later, so just leave and don't talk to me for a few days okay? I said as she started collecting her things.
-Uhm, okay, bye, and again I'm really sorry, she said and left out the door.

After pacing around the living room for almost an hour I finally calmed myself. I sat down on the couch and just stared at my phone, I didn't know if I should tell Demi about it or not. What she doesn't know wouldn't hurt right? But then again I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I lied to her. I know she trusts me, and it's really hard for her to open up to someone, I don't want to ruin that with a small lie I didn't tell her, if she were ever to find out about what Nina did. I'm sure Nina wouldn't tell anybody, but I can't lie to people I really love, especially Demi. She's done so much for me, I can eat properly without feeling the need to throw up, I don't drink as much as I did before, she made me fall in love with her, something no one has never been able to do. I decided to call Kendall first and ask her what to do, she's always there to help me, and I'm sure with the drama in her family she would know what to do or say to help me with this. I dialled her number and she picked up on the first ring.
-Hey babe, she said giggling.
-Hi Kendall, I mumbled.
-Shit, Emily what's wrong? She asked, her voice turning from cherry to sad in one split second, it was amazing how well she knew me, and I loved her for that.
-It's Nina, I said quickly.
-What did she do now, I swear that girl is always up to something, she said clearly annoyed.
-Sh-he kissed me, I stuttered.
-WHAT!? Kendall nearly screamed and I had to move the phone away from my ear. As I put it back her voice had calmed down.
-Why would she kiss you, and what about Demi, have you told her? She asked.
-She said she liked me, and thought I liked her too, I don't know why she would ever think that, and no I haven't told Demi yet, that's why I called you, I don't know what to do, I said and I could feel the tears coming again.
-She's crazy, don't worry about Nina, I'll talk to her, and about Demi, you should definatley tell her, I talked to Marissa and Demi doesn't handle people who lie very well, so the best is to tell her Em, I'm sure she'll understand, she's a grown up afterall, she said and I giggled at that, Demi acted like a 10 year old most of the time I spent with her, only when she was in meetings and stuff like that she acted like an adult.
-Okay, I'll tell her, thanks Kendall, I said.
-No problem, I'll talk to you tomorrow okay?
-Yeah, bye, I said and hung up.

After sitting with my phon in my hand for 10 minutes I finally got the guts to call Demi, I really needed her to forgive me, but I didn't do anything wrong, I slapped her after she kissed me, and I didn't respond to the kiss, so I should be safe.
-Hello? Demi croaked startling me, I could hear that she'd been crying and it almost made me cry.
-Hi Demi, have you been crying baby? I asked in a soft voice.
-No! She said annoyed, and I had no idea where all of this was coming from.
-Are you sure? I asked concerned.
-Yes, and what do you want since you're calling me, she snarled. What the fuck has gotten in to her? I thought to myself.
-I miss you, and there's something I have to tell you, and I'm sure you're not going to like it, I said and gulped.
-Well go on and tell me then Emily, she said clearly annoyed by me taking so long to tell her.
-Nina kissed me today, it didn't mean anything, as soon as I realized what she was doing I pushed her off me and slapped her across the face, and I didn't respond to the kiss, I said rambling on, scared to death of what she was going to answer.
-Okay, she said.
-Okay? I asked.
-I don't give a fuck okay, just don't call me again, she said and I was shocked.
-I'm really sorry Dems, I said sobbing.
-Yeah, sorry is just not going to cut it Em, you broke my heart and you think a simple sorry is going to fix that? You know what go and break a plate and say sorry to it and see if the pices comes back together will you? And if it does then you can call me, bye now she said sarcastically before hanging up. What just happened? Are we over or did we just have our first argument?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you guys so much for all your votes and comments, it means so much to me that you guys are actually enjoying the story! And I'm really sorry for the late update, we have one week left in school so I have a few stuff to finish so I didn't have time to write anything, hope this makes up for it!

Please vote and comment!

Love ya'll xx