Chapter 27 - Promise Me This

Demi's P.O.V

After leaving our suitcases in the master bedroom, I pulled Emily in for a kiss, and just as I was licking her bottom lip I heard a gasp coming from the doorway.
-D-demi? the person asked and I pulled away from Emily instantly and luckily it turned out to be Dallas.
-Fuck you Dallas, you scared the shit out of me, I yelled at her and she bursted out laughing.
-I'm sorry, but seriously, you guys have to chill, it could have been mom that walked in on you two, and I'm sure she would have a heart attack or something, but I think it's time to tell her Dems, she said patting my shoulder. I just nodded at her as she left the room not saying anything more about it, I knew I had to tell mom one day, but I don't feel like now is the time, maybe after the tour or something. I know she's not against gay people, but it's probably different when it's her own daughter, luckily Dallas and Maddie is okay with it,  I don't know what I would do if I didn't have their support. I didn't realize I was zoning out until Emily was snapping her fingers infront of me.
-Earth to Demi, she giggled.
-Oh, sorry. but we have to hurry up, we have to be at the venue in like thirty minutes, and Max is probably waiting for us downstairs, I said and dragged Emily with me.

I'm so nervous, I have to be on stage in twenty minutes, and my palms are sweating like crazy, this normally doesn't happen, I mean I get nervous, but not like this. I have a feeling that it's because of Emily, I really want to impress her tonight, and I can't believe we have to be seperated for three months, how the hell are we going to do that? I understand that she has school, but it really sucks, the past few weeks we've been pretty much inseperable, and after tonight I can only talk to her on FaceTime, and it's not the same. I love holding her at night, it'll be hard to sleep alone again. I stood pacing around in my dressing room for I don't know how long untill I felt a pair of arms around me.
-Holy fuck, you scared me, I screamed, and turned around to a laughing Emily. She couldn't stop laughing at my scared expression.
-Sorry Dems, I had to do it, you wouldn't answer me when I called your name for like six times, you were in your own little bubble, she giggled and gave me a hug.
-What's wrong? You seem tense Dems, she said and looked at me.
-I'm just really nervous, it's kind of nervewrecking having you watch me perform tonight, I don't normally get this nervous, but I really want you to like it babe, I said and gave her a shy smile.
-Are you kidding me Demi? Of course I'm going to love it, you've sang for me a million times before, why are you so nervous now? I love you, and I know that you're going to be great out there, she said and looked around the dressing room before giving me a quick peck on the lips, I just gave her my biggest smile ever. It actually calmed my nerves hearing her say those things, but still there's alot of people out there, and I haven't been touring for awhile, but it usually gets easier after the first song.

I ended my concert singing Give Your Heart A Break, and luckily the first concert of my tour was amazing. As I went backstage, Madison, Marissa and Emily jumped on me and hugged me, telling me how great the concert was. I was shocked to see Emily with tears in her eyes as she let me go, but they weren't sad tears though, they were happy tears. After hugging my whole team and my family we all went back to the hotel, we were sleeping there tonight, but tomorrow I would go on the tour bus, and Emily would be going home, so this is our last night together for three months, and I really want to make it special. I decided to buy her a meaningfull present before she left tomorrow morning, so before going to the hotel, I made a quick trip to the jewelers shop to buy her something. As I looked at different rings, I was interrupted by the store owner.
-Do you need any help? She asked and gave me a smile.
-Yes, I'm looking for a silver ring, and was wondering if you guys could engrave something in it? I asked.
-Of course, it's an engagement ring I assume, she smiled again. I just giggled at her, I had no plans in getting married to Emily this soon, we haven't been dating for that long, and I think if we were getting engaged now, when my parents don't even know I'm dating her, they would definatley have a heartattack.
-Oh, no, it's a promise ring, I'm a little young to get married now, I giggled.
-Oh, I'm sorry, it's just most people who comes here are looking for engagement rings, she said and started looking for a few rings.
-Do you just want it plain, or do you want any patterns on it? She asked.
-A plain ring would be fine, but how fast can you get it engraved?
-I could get it done in fifteen minutes, it depends on what you want it to say, she said.
-I want it to say "my little warrior", I smiled. Emily is my little warrior, she's been much better now, she's eating properly, and she stopped drinking for me, which is really sweet of her, and when I'm gone on tour I want her to look at the ring and remember that she's stronger than what she think she is.
-Okay, I'll go in the back and get it ready now, it'll cost you 3'000 dollars, she said and took the ring with her.

As the night went on, my parents had gone to sleep, so it was just me, Dallas, Marissa, Maddie and Emily left in the livingroom, we were watching a movie while eating some take away pizza from Domino's, and to my surprise, Emily ate two slices without complaining about it. Words can't describe how proud I am of her, like the ring says, she's my warrior. I decided now was a great time to give it to her, considering we were going to bed soon, it was almost midnight, and Emily had to catch an early flight in the morning. I got up from the couch and gestured for Emily to come with me. I led her into our bedroom and closed the door behind me. I was actually shaking, I was a little bit nervous. What if she thinks I'm proposing to her? That would be weird and awkward right now.
-What is it Dems, it looks like you've seen a ghost or something, she giggled.
-No, I'm just nervous, I whispered,
-Why are you nervous? You know Nina isn't going to be a problem right? We talked about this, you know I love you, and only you, nothing is getting in the way of that, and I know we'll make it through the next few months, it's going to be okay, she said and gave me a big hug. I hugged her back and pulled away after a few seconds and shook my head.
-It's not that, but Emily you know I love you, and I know that when we met you weren't in the best state of mind. I'm just a little bit afraid that when I'm gone that you might slip up or something, and I can't cope with that, you mean so much to me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that even though I'm not with you in person, I'll always be with you in your heart, and I wanted to give you something to remind you everyday how strong you've been these past few weeks, and how much I love you, and I'm going to miss you so much, words can't even describe it, so that's why I bought you this, I said and got down on one knee. Emily looked at me with wide eyes.
-D-demi? What are you doing? She asked shocked.
-Realx Em, I'm not proposing, I wanted to give you a promise ring to show my love for you, and that I'll always be faithful to you and I was hoping you would accept it? I said smiling shyly. Emily started crying, and I got right back up again and started to worry.
-Hey, what's wrong sweetheart? I asked rubbing her back soothingly.
-Nothing's wrong, you're just too perfect, and I'm gonna miss you like crazy, and I love you so so much, she said and pulled me in for a kiss.
-I'm gonna miss you too babygirl!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally updated, school's been pretty crazy, I barley have time to do anything else, so I'm really sorry! Hope you like this chapter, and thank you guys so much, I can't believe I'm almost at 150'000 reads, that's insane!

Please vote and comment!

Love you guys xx