Chapter 30 - It Hurts

Emily's P.O.V

-You're whipped Kendall, I giggled.

-Whatever, but how's your mom anyway, I haven't seen her in forever! My heart dropped at that question, I didn't know if I should tell her or not.

-Uhm, I think there's something you need to know about mom, but I don't want your pitty or anything like that, and just for the record I'm fine, I said, and Kendall's eye widened in horror, she slammed her hand infront of her mouth, and I could see some tears threatning to fall.

-I-is she dead? she choked, and I couldn't help but burst out into laughter, she just gave me a confuesed look, and I wiped my tears away that fell when I started laughing my ass off.

-No, no, she's not dead, but uhm, she's at this treatment center, she has an alcohol problem, and she sort of abused me when I stayed there, one time she hit me, and the other times it was word abuse, I didn't want to tell you before, because I felt ashamed of myself, I used to starve myself Kendall, and I even purged, and you know how I used to be with alcohol, it wasn't pretty! But everything changed when Demi came into the picture, I'm eating like a normal person again, and I don't drink, and I don't throw up on purpose anymore, it was all my moms fault that I started though, that's why I didn't like having you around at my house, it was embarrassing how she would act sometimes, and I'm sorry for not telling you sooner, but it was really hard, and I hope you don't think any less of me now, I said on the verge of tears.

Kendall sat there and looked at me in disbelief, trying to absorb everything I just told her, it seemed like she was taking it okay in a situation like this, but she had yet to open her mouth, and the words that would come out are the things I'm afraid of.

She might hate me now, and think I'm this weird person, that can't take care of herself, and has a mother that's an alcoholic, but then again, we have been friends for a really long time, and it would really suck if she gave up on us now, for something I should have told her a long time ago, but I couldn't.

To be honest it felt amazing to get everything off my chest, I've been wanting to tell her for a long time, I was just really scared of her reaction, and after what felt forever, I was pulled into a bone crushing hug from my best friend, and I let my tears fall freely down my cheeks and onto her t-shirt.

-I'm so sorry for not noticing anything, you should have told me you asshole, she chuckled, but it came out choked.

-I know, but I didn't think anything was wrong with me at the time, I felt as if I was normal, and I didn't want anyone to think less of me, I said smiling weakly.

-I could never think less of you, you're my best friend, and I love you to the moon and back honey, you should know that, Kendall said and pecked my cheek.

-I love you too, I smiled.

---------------------------------

It's 3 am in the morning, and I can't sleep, I slept over at Kendall's house, and she's snoring like crazy. But that's not why I can't sleep, it's because of Demi. I know she said that there was nothing going on between Wilmer and her, but I can't help but think that something is going on. He's a handsome man, and I'm just an 18 year old failure, he makes a lot of money, and I can't even pay for a nice neckless for Demi, how pathetic is that? I know she says that it doesn't matter that I'm not rich or famous, but come on! She can do so much better than me, I will never be able to provide for her like Wilmer did. And we can't even have our own kids, that has both of our genes. I know that we're not ready to have a baby or something yet, but when that time comes, it's going to be very hard to make a decision.