Chapter 20 - Goodbye My Friend

Emily's P.O.V

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and looked over at the night stand to check what time it is, it was already 11 am and we were leaving at 2 pm, so I quickly put on some clothes and washed my face before going downstairs. Everyone was sat at the table probably waiting for me to come join them.
-Took you long enough, Demi said.
-I'm sorry, nobody woke me up, I replied.
-Even if we tried it wouldn't be possible sweetheart, Dianna smiled. Everyone started laughing including me. I sat down next to Kendall and Marissa and I could see Marissa blushing every time Kendall would look at her. "They're so cute" I thought to myself. I started digging in on the pancakes and they were delicious.
-Fuck, these are amazing, I moaned. I could see Demi biting her lower lip as I did. Dianna cleared her throat.
-Language, she giggled.
-Oops, sorry, but these are so good, who made them? I asked and Dianna chuckled.
-I made them honey, she smiled.
-Please adopt me, I said giving her puppy eyes and Demi chocked on her food making her cough.
-Are you okay Demi, Dianna asked raising her eyebrow.
-Uhm, yeah I'm fine, she said looking at me with big eyes. I could see everyone smirking at Demi and me except Eddie, Dianna and Dallas who had no clue that I was basically their daughter in law, well not exactly, me and Demi would haveto get married, which probably will never happen, at least not for a long time. I'm only 18, and I've never wanted to get married, I really don't see the point.

After we finished our food everyone started packing. I was almost finished packing all of my stuff when I heard someone lock my door. I turned around to see Demi standing there smiling at me.
-Hey, what are you doing here, aren't you supposed to be packing, we're leaving in 30 minutes, I said.
-I'm done packing, I just wanted some alone time with you before we leave, and I'm leaving for tour in 5 days, and I'm going to miss you so much, she said while a tear rolled down her cheek.
-Don't cry Demi, it's going to be okay, let's just enjoy these last few days before you leave, and then we'll figure out the rest later, and you know I'll call you everyday, I said embracing her in a hug.
-I just love you so much, and it's weird because we haven't even know each other for two weeks, and I've never felt this much for anyone before and I'm so afraid that you'll break my heart and realize that you can do better, she said sobbing lightly while I stroked her hair. I pulled her out of my embrace and took her face in my hands making her look straight into my eyes.
-Don't ever think that I deserve better than you, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me and I love you so much it hurts, I can't even bare the thought of ever losing you or leaving you, you mean the world to me Demi, and I need you to understand that oaky? I said looking into her beautiful brown eyes.
-Okay, she said barley above a whisper. With that said I leaned in to kiss her as passionatley I could, I could stay like this forever just holding and kissing the love of my life.
-I love you so much Demi, I said breaking the kiss.
-I love you too Em, she said giving me a little smile.
-So do you want to help me finish packing love? I asked smirking.
-Of course my dear, she said in a British accent and the both of us started laughing.

We were all set in the car, me, Demi, Marissa, Dallas and Kendall in one, and Dianna, Eddie, and Maddie in the other. Khloe wasn't leaving yet, she had to return the key to the owner and she was staying there for a few more days. I was a little bummed out that Dallas was sitting in the car with us because then I couldn't kiss or hold Demi's hand. Marissa and Kendall sat in the front while Dallas, me and Demi sat in the back. Dallas was sitting in the middle, so me and Demi couldn't even touch each other. I could see Demi turning to me with a pout on her face and I started giggling.
-What's so funny? Dallas asked.
-Oh, it's nothing, I giggled back.
-Are you going to some of the shows on the Neon Lights Tour? Dallas asked me.
-I don't know yet, I might go to the ones that's in California, but I have school and I have to do really well this year to get a scholarship, if I don't get that I won't be able to go to college, I said.
-Oh, where do you want to go?
-I don't know, I think I want to go to UCLA or maybe Harvard, but they're both hard to get into and I'm not sure what I want to be yet, I smiled.
-So you're a smartass then? And you're friends with Demi, that's weird, she laughed and Demi slapped her arm.
-Fuck you Dallas, I was homeschooled, and for your information I am smart, I just suck at math and spelling okay? she said frowning and everyone in the car started laughing.
-Demi the "I was homeschooled" line is getting old, Marissa said, and Dallas bursted out laughing and so did I.
-You guys are mean, and Emily I'm mad at you! she said pouting. The rest of the car ride was very quiet, I tried looking over at Demi but she didn't want to look at me, I know she's just faking it but it's annoying. 
-Why so mad Lovato? I asked in a sweet voice.
-I'm not talking to you.
-You just did, I smirked. She just furrowed her eyebrows and looked out the window.