Devin

"Vin, are you really still mad?" We'd gotten back from the hospital a few hours ago and were now sitting on the back step.

"No, I was upset that you went to Ricky instead of me but i get it now. You guys have known and been through a lot together. I shouldn't have acted that way, sorry." I wrapped my arms around his waist, "you should know that me and Ricky did have something together years ago. There's nothing like that between us now so you don't need to worry."

He pulls away. "So there is something between you two."

"Romantically at one time yes, now it's nothing but friendship."

"Did you sleep together?"

"Yes, um we also did a binding spell." I was tired of secrets and wanted it all out no matter the cost.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that we're connected, the connection isn't as strong anymore. But you need to understand binding or not the natural bond between the four of us is very strong. We all run to Ricky when there's trouble."

"Why?"

"He's the one who's kept us alive this long, he's the strongest. He's the one who stands up when the rest of us can't."

"Fine." He looks at his lap, "it's just hard for me to understand. But I am jealous."

"Understandable, but there's no chance whatsoever we're getting back together."

"I trust you." He leans in to kiss me, I kiss back pulling him close. I hated when people were upset especially if it was because of me.

My eyes open involuntarily and scan the tree line. I quickly pull away to get a better look. Something big had just run through, something large and fast.

"What is it."

"Lets find out." I keep a firm grip on Vinnys hand and an eye on everything. Thank God he wasn't to anxious at the moment.

He gasps and clutches my arm. A screech that I could never forget rang through my ears. A black image flashes in front of us.

"We need to go." I take off running with Vinny close behind. Running wouldn't do much but it gave us a head start.

Ricky! Wendigo.

That's all I have to say to make Ricky and Matt appear within seconds. "Go that way, I'll say when to head back home." I drag a slightly dazed Vinny through the woods away from the house. We came across another creek, small river's more like it. I didn't want to think about how deep it was.

"You can do it Vin, keep a hand on my shoulder."

The water ran less than a foot underneath me, unpleasant memories surfaced. Keep going, keep Vinny safe.

The next thing I hear is a yell and a splash. Water filled my mouth, choking out screams. Red swirled around me like cigarette smoke. Memories from when the towns people threw me in the water flashed threw my mind. Why am I sinking? Through the blood I saw why although I wished I hadn't. A wendigo, a smaller one, had its claws sunk into my leg. On Top of that I'm terrified if water. I'm having a great day aren't I.

The only problem other than my lungs burning and having a wendigo attached to my leg was that I have no idea if Vinny was safe.

Something touched my arm, I pulled away. Vinny was next to me holding his pocket knife. You idiot what's that going to do!