Ricky

There wasn't blood, there wasn't bruising. There was nothing but a strange energy, the same one that attacked Josh a month or so  ago.

"Matt I swear to God, wake the fuck up!" My deepest fear had resurfaced. Something threw me and I hit the wall. Ryan rushed to help me but was thrown also. A force was holding me down and I could breathe. My vision blurred stay awake.

*

"Ricky look." Matt had a small rock levitating inches off the ground.

"That's great." I smile, he beamed at my approval. The smell of a hunter hit my nose. "Alright baby bat we should be getting home." I didn't want to worry him.

He pouts, "carry meee." I let him piggy back and hurried to what we called our safe place.

"Ricky I smell a hunter." He hoped down from my back and grabbed my hand. He was following us.

"I want you to run and find somewhere to hide, I'll take care of him then find you."

"I'm not leaving you."

"Please listen, I don't want you getting hurt."

"I'm not going far." He did as told and I stood there waiting. Sure enough the hunter came out soon after.

"That was sweet but a wrong move."

I growl and lunge at him, he was big but I was stronger. I rip the wooden stake from his belt and throw it somewhere. He was able to throw me back a few feet. He frantically fumbled in his bag, and pulls out a canteen and throws holy water at me. I stare in amusement as he fell back in fear.
Without his weapons he was nothing. I drain him, saving half for Matt to come back to later.

Matt where are you? I ask in telepathy. There was no answer, my undead heart raced in fear. A couple yards away hidden behind trees he lay, blood soaked the ground.

Something other than a hunter must've done this. I carry him to our safe place and do my best to patch him up. After doing everything I could I sat beside him and just cried for who knows how long.

"Ricky?"

"Oh thank God." I wrap my arms around him being careful not to hurt him. I force back my tears although he already saw them, not that I was embarrassed but if I showed I was scared he would be even more so.

"I'm alright big brother, you always make sure of it."

*

"What happened to him?"

"Is it gone?"

"I think so."

"Josh it's ok calm down."

"Ryan step back a bit, let him breath."

My head hurt like hell and their constant chatter wasn't helping. I'm greeted by Ryan above me. I reach up and touch his face.

"Where's Matt?"

"On the couch." I jump up even though it hurt and ran to him. He was laying in Mikes lap, I grab him pulling him to my chest. He gasped and opened his eyes.

"Hey big brother." He says weakly.

"I swear you're going to kill me." Tears were threatening to spill over, Devin sits behind me rubbing my back. I relax under his touch, Angelo sat besides us and even that was comforting.