Medicated Confessions.

I stayed up through the night. ____ seemed to be in a lot of pain.  Everytime she made the slightest whimper I found myself shooting from my slumber.  She was bruised, swollen and in overall pain.  I hated to see her like this.  With a hushed voice, in trying not to wake her, or Sam; I swore I would do everything to keep this from happening again.  It was odd to me that I was saying this.  Even promising something so impossible to another hunter.  It was bound to happen.  Hell, Sam and I have had our fair share of beatings.  The thought crossed my mind.  How much of that flirting was her last night?  Shifters use a telepathic link to the original to use their mannerisms.  Maybe she really had a thing for me.  A grin sprung across my face.  She wasn't half bad to look at.  My hand carefully brushed the hair from her face.  Even with a swollen eye she looked good.  I just should have been there for her.  Her hands suddenly snagged my hand.  My heat beat started to increase.  Her eyes opened groggily as she looked at me.

"Hey," I whispered.

"I'm a pretty kitty?" she asked.

Great,  she is still bonkers on the meds.  But before I could answer she bit my hand, kind of hard.  It didnt hurt.  No, no, it started to.  I pushed her off of me as she rolled over.  I'm pretty sure she meowed.  Maybe I should protect her from getting hurt so I didn't have to deal with this again.  She was weird on this medication.  But I guess it was better than seeing, and hearing, her in pain.  My eyes started to close.  I only hoped I could have a few hours of sleep tonight.

Sam was up when I came to.  He was in his suit.  I sat up, Dean was asleep.  Sam waved before opening the door.

"Wait," I hissed.

I stood up feeling pain rip through my body.  My body stumbled to the door as Sam waited for a moment.  I pushed him outside.

"W-We killed that thing.  Where are you going?" I asked.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"I'm fine.  I mean, I hurt, but I have seen worse.  At least you guys came.  I woulda been done for otherwise."

"Here, take some more of this. Just to ease through the day.  I mean, you aren't even standing straight," he laughed.

I noticed my hunched over, poor posture and tried to correct it.  Immediately I regretted that decision.   Sam grabbed me and smiled.

"Come on, you need rest, _____," he said.

"I'll rest when you tell me where you're going," I responded.

"Alright, you need to rest.  And there was another disappearance the next town over.  I just want to check into it."

"You should take, Dean."

"No, no, I am not leaving you alone. Not if you're that high up on Crowley's hit list.  It's safer for you."

"I guess," I sighed.

"Plus, you guys can have the day together.  Alone," he winked.

"Wh-What? Shut up, Sam.  Give me that medicine," I said ignoring the warmth spreading on my face.

"Uh huh, I will be back later."

I walked into the room, grabbed a bottle of water I left on the counter and took the medicine.  Even though I woke up on the same bed as Dean I purposely sat on the other one.  Psh. Like I want to spend a day with Dean.  What am I gonna do? Watch him eat burgers and pies all day?  I flipped through the television channels. It was early morning so nothing good was on, but I found cartoons.  And trust me when  I say I don't remember much after that.