Sacrifices.

Whatever good feeling any of us had was gone.  We left before we could finish our drinks.  I burst into my room and threw everything into my bag.  I ran to the office and checked out.  My whole body was shaking.  This had to be a sick joke from Crowley. Well, I'd even take a trap right now.  My face looked pale.  I felt weak.  Sam passed by me with just as much of a worried expression as I wore. My body leaned against the impala.  Dean walked over and unlocked the car.

"You wanna ride up front?" he asked.

"That's Sam's spot," I answered.

"I just thought you might want-"

"I appreciate the offer, but I'm not going to be okay until we get there. What about you?"

"Something is going on and I don't like it."

"Alright, let's go," Sam said rushing over, "I'll drive I had way less than you two."

"Fine."

Dean tossed him the keys as we all got in the car.  We didn't talk at all.  The drive was unbearable.  Dean glanced back at me occasionally.  I held my gaze out the window.  I didn't want to think the worst,  but I couldn't help it.  I don't think any of us could.  We drove straight through the night.  The car halted when we arrived. I was the first one out of the car.  My heart was about to burst.  I just had to know.  Blood was all over his library.  My heart dropped as I saw the mess in the room.  A man in a trench-coat stood looking around the room.  I assumed he was part of this.

"You son of a bitch!" I screamed.

The man turned as I drew a knife slamming it into his chest.  He looked down unfazed by my attack.  He lifted his hand as he poked my forehead.  My body collapsed onto the ground.  Dean rushed in just in time to see me falling to the ground.  He looked up to see a familiar figure standing there.

"Cas? What the hell are you doing here?"  Dean asked.

"I heard him.  I wanted to see if I could help.  But he's gone.  His soul, I can't piece this back together.  I've tried," he said sounding unfazed by the scene as he removed the knife as his wound healed, "what brings you here?"

"What do you mean you can't bring him back?" Dean said looking over his shoulder at the body, "you can.  Y-you have to."

"I'm sorry, Dean, I cannot. I told you I've tried."

"Bobby,"  Sam heaved a heavy sigh finally seeing the sight of his mangled body.  "What happened to _____?"

"She attacked me so I put her to sleep," Cas responded.

"Who did this?  How did you know to come here?"

"It was more the demon activity than anything else."

"Demons were here?" Dean asked.

"Fucking demons," I groaned sitting up, "who is this asshole?"

"This is Castiel, he's an angel," Dean explained.

"So what's he doing here?"

"I was tracking a demon it led me here."

"Well, you're an angel.  Fix this, now."

"Who is she?" Castiel asked.

"Does it matter? You can fix this.  You're an angel. You have to."

"I don't have to do anything," he was growing more impatient, "I can't fix him anyway, something is not right."

"Aren't you helpful?"