Dream A Little Dream.

My apologies to anyone who actually read the poorly ended, corrupted file I posted prior. I grabbed the wrong file and didn't realize it. Hopefully this version is more enjoyable.

My head was pounding as I woke up. I opened my eyes. The first thing I wondered was just how much I had drank last night. There was a figure next to me. I hoped I hadn't taken a random girl home. We were on a job, but I couldn't do that to _____. The body started to stretch out. They turned around. It was ____. How did she get here? Her eyes opened slowly. She smiled while wrapping an arm around me and pressing her body closer to mine.

"How did you get here?" I asked.

"Wow, was last night so good you've got short term memory loss?" she laughed, "I live here."

I took a moment to look around. This wasn't the hotel. It wasn't the bunker. It was an apartment I was unfamiliar with. She let go as she looked at me quizzically.

"Are you alright, Dean?"

"Yeah, yeah," I assured her, "just a weird dream threw me off."

She looked over at the clock on the nightstand. She shot up abruptly. Her feet quickly escaped the covers as she stood up. I sat up matching her motion.

"What's the hurry?" I asked.

"I have to make some desserts for dinner tonight. You didn't forget about that, did you?"

"Um..."

"Christmas dinner tonight. My parents are coming into town. We're going to your mom's for dinner."

"What?" I was utterly stunned, "how?"

"Well, I was thinking we would drive, but if you have another idea I'm all ears," she joked.

Was this a joke? My mom. Her family. That was impossible. I got dressed quickly and hurried out the door. She could barely protest as the door shut behind me. I found the impala outside, parked on a street. This is the town I grew up in. I knew exactly how to find my way home. The car started as I took off. All of this was impossible. We were hunting the Djinn, is that how I ended up in a place like this? Maybe this was just a dream. I parked the car outside of my old house. I slammed the door shut as I ran to the front door. My hand rapped against the door with urgency. I could hear footsteps. The door opened. And with a drop of my heart, my mom stood in front of me. I couldn't say a word. My arms automatically wrapped around her.

"Dean? What are you doing here early?" she asked.

"I, uh, had to come say Merry Christmas," I said.

"Well, ____, won't be happy if you forget to pick her parents up from the airport. They are coming in soon."

"Yeah, I know. Sorry, just had to see you."

"Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah, just full of Christmas spirit, I guess."

"Well, get going. You don't want to have them waiting long."

"Right. Merry Christmas, mom."

"Merry Christmas, Dean," she smiled.

I walked back to the car as my phone vibrated. I hope you left in a hurry to get my parents. They are landing in an hour. Love you. I stopped in my tracks for a moment. My heart skipped a beat. It was dawning on me this place wasn't quite the reality I knew. But an actual Christmas, with my family, I didn't want to pass this up. I drove to the airport. The car sat in the lane for pick ups. I made it just in time. I got out and waited against the back of the car. It dawned on me I had no idea who these people were. But thanks to what she told me when she visited their graves it wasn't too hard to figure it out.