Young Girl, Young Boy.

Sunlight warmed my face.  It felt like little time had passed between passing out and starting to come to.  I could hear birds chirping outside.  Voices were speaking.  They still sounded distant, but not too far from me.  My eyes tightened before beginning to open.  It took a few tries before they obeyed and stayed open.  My surroundings were different than where I last was.  This was a room I was familiar with.  After all, I lived here for three years.

"Hey, look who's up," Dean beamed from the doorway with a glass of water in his hand.

"Hi, when did we get here?" I asked.

"A day ago."

"I slept for a day?!"

"More like you were pushing three days."

"What?!  How?  Did you try to wake me up?"

"Trust me.  We tried.  But you were sleeping like the dead."

"How are you feeling?" I asked, remembering his injury.

"You patched me up, doc."

"I did?"

"Not even a scar," he grinned pulling on his shirt revealing no scar.  No trace of any wound.

"I can patch people up? But that's Cas level magic."

"No, sweetheart, that's you level magic."

He sat on the bed and handed me the glass of water.   I took a long sip.  This was quite a bit to wrap my head around first thing upon waking up.  I looked at Dean.  My eyes averted to his neck.  I remember seeing the wound.  There's no way I had fixed it, right?

"Well, you're just always getting into trouble ain't ya?"  Bobby laughed.

"Bobby, I..." I started.

"Dean explained everything that happened.  I know you're used to running but you have to let us help you once in a while."

"I know.  I'm sorry."

"So why don't you wake up.  I'll whip up my famous pancakes and we'll talk about this new mess you've found yourself in."

"Famous pancakes?" Dean asked, practically drooling.

"Don't let him fool you.  They are just Bisquik."

"There goes my family's secret recipe."

"The secret ingredient is milk instead of water."

"Keep this up, ____, I may disown you."

Bobby turned and laughed.  He headed down stairs.  I leaned back on the bed.  For a moment I reminisced about when I first got here.  Bobby was so gentle with the way he carried himself around me.  He would bring me food, but I couldn't tear that image from my mind.  Then one day he sat down next to me.  I remember like it was yesterday.

I had wrapped myself in blankets and sat on the bed staring out the window.

"Listen, kid, I know this may be a shock to you.  Seeing what you did.  But bad things happen to good people-" he started.

"I get that you're my uncle or whatever.  But you aren't going to cheer me up.  There are things out there you wouldn't understand.  Dark, scary things. My parents weren't normal. I don't know how you know them, but-"

"They told you?"

"No, I'm not an idiot. I put everything together. Kinda helped they had a journal of all these creatures.  And you just confirmed it for me."