A Glimpse Behind The Curtain.

This was impossible.  Maybe it was a joke.  Demons had impersonated my family before.  But something felt different.  I stared upwards in disbelief.  Instead of coming near me she walked toward Cas.  He pretty much cowered.

"Stop!" I shouted.

Her head turned slowly.  My body struggled against the chains.  Cas looked over at me.

"Leave him alone," I reiterated.

"And if I don't?" her voice spoke so coldly.

"You know, I'm getting real sick of you demons using my family's image.  It's pretty pathetic."

"Oh, you think I'm one of them.  No, see, I gave up my life so you could have a normal one.  And you just went and threw that right in my face."

"How was I supposed to be normal after that?"

She stood up, her demeanor no longer that of the warm woman I used to know.  This couldn't really be her.  Her hand moved suddenly.  Almost clenching together.  My chest erupted in pain.  I couldn't breathe.  A smirk happened upon her lips.  Even if she was my mother biologically, something changed in her absence.  It felt like my heart was going to explode.  My eyes started to flutter.  The pain suddenly subsided.  I gasped for air.  What the hell was that?  In the burst of pain I had not noticed her slip something into my pocket.  She turned back to Cas.  I watched in a haze.  A blade cut into his skin.  A blue light shone from the cut.  He groaned as she pulled the blade away.  Sweat dripped down his face as I pulled against the chains once more.

"You're hurting him, stop it!"

"He isn't needed anymore," she responded.

"Yes he is!"

Her eyes shifted back to me.  Dean and Sam really needed to get here soon.  The metal dug into my wrists.  I was trying to get free, but to no avail.  Two knocks on the door echoed through the room.  She turned and exited the door.

"Cas, hey, you alright?" I asked.

"I'm fine."

"You look like hell for fine."

He looked at the ground.  My hands continued to struggle against the metal around my wrists.  It was slow, and painful, but I eventually slipped my hands out.  I scrambled over to Cas.  A piece of my shirt sleeve tore off.  He looked at me confused as to why I was doing such a thing.  I wrapped it around his arm tightly.

"I don't know if this will help you.  But we should try to get out of here," I said.

"How are we going to get out of here?"

"No idea."

The door shut as my mother walked out of the room.  She was met by another demon.  He grabbed her arm tightly.  She sent a dark gaze over to him.

"You're not supposed to kill the angel," he said.

"I wasn't going to kill him," she responded.

"Crowley will-"

"Screw him.  He's not my boss."

"What was that?" Crowley's voice said behind her.

"Don't play dumb, I know you heard me."

"So that's where she gets that lovely attitude. Maybe some time in isolation will set you right."

"No, I don't want to go back to that-" she started but with a snap of his fingers found herself in a locked room, "room."

Sam and Dean jumped in the impala.  They drove toward the warehouse address they got from the demon.  They armed themselves with guns and knives before heading in.  The two split up.  Both quietly taking down demons as they moved through the warehouse.  Their paths crossed at a door that was locked.  They could hear banging from the other side.