Birthday Present.

We got back to the motel.  I went into my room while Dean went to see Sam.  I grabbed my dirty clothes and took them to the laundromat on the other side of the motel.  My bag slung over my shoulder as I headed past the room the guys were in. The door swung open as I walked past.

"What are you doing?" Dean asked popping just his head out of the door.

"Gonna do laundry," I said.

"Wanna do some of mine, too?"

"Not really."

I waved my hand continuing towards the laundromat.   I pulled a crumpled dollar from my pocket.  My hands straightened it as I fed it into a machine.  Four quarters returned and I grabbed them.  I tossed the bag onto a washing machine.  The lid of the machine flipped up as I pulled the clothes out of the bag.  My eyes scanned the room.  No one else was in here.  I put my headphones in and turned my music on.  My shoes kicked off as an upbeat song came on.  I slid over to the machine that dispensed overpriced detergents.  My head swayed back and forth while my foot tapped in time with the music.  I grabbed the detergent and slid back to my machine.  I portioned out the detergent and slid some quarters into the machine.  It started filling with water.  The song was building up to the chorus.

Pocket change and subway cars
Our big ideas filled empty bars
You might be from the moon or mars
Either way, I'm never going home

So, let's hang an anchor from the sun,
There’s a million city lights but...

A pause in the song.  A split second that I was sure I was the only person here.  A deep breath filled my lungs.

"You're number one.  You're the reason I’m still up at dawn, just to see your face. We'll be going strong with the vampires, baby. We belong, we belong awake.  Swinging from the fire escape," my voice sang out and echoed through the room.

My body twirled about as I sang along without a care.  I didn't hear the door open.  I didn't pay attention to whoever had walked in.  Over the music I heard a throat clearing.  I turned the music down and slowly looked behind me.  Sure enough, the most embarrassing moment of my life, had been witnessed by Sam and Dean Winchester.  They tossed their stuff on separate washing machines. I pulled out the headphones.  They were both laughing while throwing clothes into a machine.  I couldn't even formulate an insult, smart remark or anything to shut him up before he said something.

"Mind if I use some of your detergent?" Dean asked with a wide grin on his face.

My head shook to the side. He grabbed the detergent and dumped some into his machine.  I cleared my throat and jumped onto the unused machine next to mine.

"We will never speak of this again," I muttered.

"Sure, sure," Sam replied with a burst of laughter.

"What are you two doing anyway, stalking me?"

"Hey, I have a crazy idea," Dean said, "let's take the night off.  How about we go grab some drinks tonight and just relax for once."

"Who are you and what have you done with my brother?"  Sam mocked.

"Hey, I think we've earned a break.  What do you think, ____?"

"Sure."

"Aw, is our tiny dancer still embarrassed?"

"No, shut up," I  groaned crossing my arms.

They both erupted in laughter. I could feel the heat rushing across my face.  Why did they have to walk in then?   I sighed as my clothes finished washing.  I pulled them out and threw them into the dryer.  Sam walked outside when he received a phone call.