A Time To Remember.

The next morning I woke in Dean's arms.  It seemed like ages since things were actually calm enough to enjoy a moment like this.  He was fast asleep as I rolled on to my back, stretching my one good arm out.  I tried to move my messed up arm.   The range of motion had disappeared nearly completely.  I sat up and rubbed my shoulder gently.  It was usually sore in the morning.  Today was really bad.  I set my feet on the floor.

"Where you goin'?" Dean asked.

"Just getting up, can't lay around all day."

His arms wrapped around my waist pulling me back onto the bed.  His lips met my neck tenderly.

"Come on, things are quiet.  We deserve a day off," he persuaded.

"I guess this is as quiet as things get for us."

"See.  So just stay here a bit longer."

"Okay."

He cradled me close to him.  His skin was warm.  I felt his hand brushing through my hair.  Something felt off.  Maybe I was thinking on last night too much.  What could my mom say to him that she couldn't say to me?  I didn't want to ruin this moment.  My eyes closed, I must have still been exhausted.  I woke a few hours later to an empty room.  I sat up rubbing the back of my head.  Dean probably went out for food or something.  I stood up heading to the bathroom.  The door swung open.  Behind it was a very revealing Dean.  He had a towel wrapped around his waist, but he caught me staring.

"Like what you see?" he asked playfully.

I couldn't answer.  A complete loss of words overcame my brain. He snapped his fingers.  My attention snapped to his face.

"My face is up here, dollface."

"Yeah, sorry," I said feeling heat dance across my cheeks.

His hands cupped my cheeks.  The next thing I know his lips are against mine.  His hand dropped to my waist pulling me closer to him.  I melted into his kiss, into him.  His lips pulled away for just a moment.

"I really missed you, ____," he sighed.

"Dean, I..."

He picked me up and placed me gently on the counter.  His head meeting my neck with a soft groan.

"I missed everything about you.  Don't leave like that ever again."

"I promise."

"You were never weak.  And I know we can handle anything that comes at us.  I'll always be there for you," he said meeting my gaze.

His eyes were sincere.  He smiled softly pressing a hand to my face.  I returned the smile as I sat up pressing my lips to his.  His arms wrapped around me.

"I think I may have found a job, Cas," Sam said.

"Where is that?"

"A small town in Washington state.  Worth a look.  I should tell Dean and ____."

Cas suddenly tilted his head to the side.  Sam gave him a perplexed look.  Cas opened his mouth for a moment.

"I think she's praying," Cas said flatly, "she doesn't seem like the religious type."

"Why would you say that?"

"She keeps calling out to God.  It's really loud actually."

"Oh, Cas, just tune her and Dean out for awhile.  Okay?" he asked.

"She is not praying?"

"No, Cas, uh, just tune them out. Matter of fact, let's go grab some food."