Epilogue: Our Happy Ending (Simple Man)

My eyes woke in the morning. Days, months, maybe years have passed. I couldn't be sure. Heaven was nice. It was anything you wanted it to be. If I wanted to win the lottery, I could. If all I wanted was a normal life with a normal job, I could have that. All I wanted was Dean back in my life. But it wasn't that easy to get everything you wanted. I had a normal job. My house was near where my brother and father lived. We spoke every day. You could live a thousand lives here. A race car driver one day. Or twelve and in love with an old flame. You could do anything here. Anything. And I resumed my mind numbing work as a Gas-N-Sip employee. I don't know why that's the job I wanted, but it was. Maybe it was because one day I thought Dean would come in that door. But he didn't. Time passed like it did on earth. Christmas was tomorrow. When I left work I stopped by my house. I showered and changed into nice clothes. I put a little makeup on. I carried boxes out to my car. She was a '67 impala. Only because it reminded me of better times. I drove to my father's house. With boxes in hand I kicked the door.

"Be right there," he yelled.

The door swung open. I met him with a smile.

"You bought way too much," he said.

"I told you last year, I have years to make up for," I beamed.

"You said that last year."

A box fell on the ground as I walked inside. My father picked it up. I placed the boxes near the tree. A fine bottle of whiskey appeared on the table. I poured myself a glass, one for my father.

"You really took after me," he chuckled.

"Dean liked this, too."

"You miss him?"

"A lot. Who knows if he will even show up here," I sighed.

"You have bought a gift for him each Christmas you have been here."

"I know."

"Dinner is almost done. I will be right back."

My father walked off. I sat as Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas played in the background. It was the version by Judy Garland, my favorite. There was a knocking at the door.

"Dad, are you expecting someone?" I asked.

"No, just answer it."

"Fine."

I stood up, my glass of whiskey set on the table. I walked toward the door. My hand grabbed the handle as I found a wayward Castiel at the door.

"Cas!" I exclaimed, my arms wrapped around him, "I haven't seen you in how long?"

"Twenty years, Earth time," he grinned.

"That much time has passed?"

"I have an old friend of yours."

Bobby Singer rushed over to me. His hand patting my head as I felt tears pick my eyes.

"Good to see you, ya idjit," he grinned, "I have been in heaven for awhile. Didn't know we could cross personal heavens."

"You can't. Consider it a Christmas present," Cas grinned, "but there is someone else here to see you."

"Who?" I asked.

"Two people. First...."

Another replica of the impala pulled up outside of my father's house. Bobby smiled. I could hear my father greeting Bobby like an old friend. I stepped outside seeing the other impala outside his house.

"Cas," my voice cracked, "is that really him?"

"I figured you and Dean would like a life together. I pulled some strings. Got your heavens to be the same," Cas explained.

My eyes shifted to the man exiting the impala. He was Dean, but now his hair speckled with gray. His face worn from hunting. I ran down the stairs. My body quickly collided with his. His strong hands felt the same around my waist. Our lips met quickly. I felt tears dripping down my face.

"D-dean...." I muttered.

"____, I missed you," he said burying his face in my neck.

"You got so old. Did you live a good life?"

"You were the best years."

I kissed him again. Our eyes closed. When they reopened he had returned to the age we had met at. The worn, hardened face had faded. His piercing green eyes stared into mine.

"Oh, Dean..." my voice croaked.

"You are as beautiful as I remember," he smiled.

I grabbed his hand and dragged him inside. My dad quickly took to Dean. My brother jumped on Dean's back saying he couldn't take his sister away. Dean smiled. This was our new family. Bobby sat enjoying his whiskey with a grin. I sat with Dean's hand in mine. This was truly my heaven. Cas beckoned to us. Dean and I walked over.

"Everything okay?" I asked.

"I have someone who wants to meet you two," he said.

"Who?" Dean asked.

"I want it to be a surprise."

"Okay," I said, "bring them here."

Cas gave a smile and a nod. He left leaving Dean and I in confusion. I looked at Dean. All I wanted to know was how his life was. My hand took his in mine.

"Those two were quite the pain in my ass," Bobby said to my dad.

"What?!" I screamed.

"Since they were like 16, all over each other."

"Bobby!" I blushed.

"What you asked about him. Dean called me all the time," he said.

"Wait. You called me?" I asked turning to Dean.

"No," he lied with a blush.

"Jesus, you two are so meant for each other," my dad said.

There was a knock at the door again. Dean walked over to find Cas at the door. I found Dean in front of Cas, with his back to me. He seemed happy by his expression.

"Guys? What is going on?" I asked.

"___," Dean said keeping his back to me, "Cas brought us quite the present."

I looked at Cas, "what is it?"

Dean turned around with a small newborn in his arms. My throat caught. Cas smiled at me, Dean already knew.

"There was a child lost who wanted to meet his parents," Cas said.

"No," I said in disbelief.

"This is our child. He was waiting for us," Dean smiled holding the tiny bean of a child in his arms.

"No...."

"Yeah," Dean and Cas resonated together.

My dad barreled into the entrance of his house. He saw Dean staring down at the small child with a grin. My dad smiled and took the child into the other room. Bobby laughed, as Dean and I walked back to the other room.

"This is yours?" Bobby asked.

"The one we lost," Dean said stronger than I ever could.

"You lost a child on earth?" my father asked.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"Well, this little nugget is my grandchild."

"He's our child, ____," Dean said, taking the small child from my father's arms. He placed him into my arms.

"Dean," I cried as soon as the child fell into my arms, "Cas...this is..."

"He has wanted to meet you two for some time," Cas said, "he wanted to be with both of you. Sorry, I know children are picky."

"____, this is heaven. This is our family."

"And I've never been more in love."