[30]: A DREAM

__
CHAPTER THIRTY;
[ A DREAM ]
[CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

__CHAPTER THIRTY;[ A DREAM ][CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

___

Athena woke with a massive headache and a feeling of drowsiness, the pounding that filled her head completely knocking her off balance. She felt as if she were to stand up, she'd collapse. Her body felt weak—limbs like jello and sense of thought churned. Ares could tell this, just by the look on her face, but even when he called Hershel in, there was nothing they could do.

Apparently Athena needed to heal fully, gain back the strength she once had over time. Two days had passed and that had yet to occur, but after another two weeks of being bed bound, slowly did the brunette begin to retrieve the stamina and strength she once had. Temporarily, Athena would have to be accompanied by someone when going out of the grounds, but she didn't really care. Hunting for food, scavenging for supplies, and being out in the world and on the run was what she did best. Although Rick and Daryl were both stubborn on even letting her carry her axe in fear of tearing open her wounds again, they both knew there was no way of holding Athena back now that she could walk.

"Are we almost there?" Athena moaned as she dragged the deer she shot with her hands through the vast forest. Daryl was doing the same a few feet in front of her, carrying his own game towards the prison that loomed ahead. "I'm literally dying."

"Drama queen." Daryl mumbled under his breath as they entered the clearing before the large fences. "I told you that it'd be heavy."

"No shit," Athena snapped back with a light tone as her eyes landed upon Carl, who was sitting by the entrance and reading a comic book. His hat covered his face, keeping him from noticing their presence until Daryl whistled loudly. The boy looked up, eyes widening before he grabbed the rope used to open the gate and started pulling. "All deers are heavy."

As the gate to the prison opened, Athena dragged the animal inside faster so that the boy could close it quickly after them. From behind, walkers snarled, but with their newfound spike fences the beasts didn't stand once chance when it came to getting close to them.

"Need help?" Carl asked as he eyed Athena's struggling frame. She nodded with a small laugh, shifting half of the animal's body to him so that it'd be off the ground. "You guys got lucky today."

"More like Athena finally managed to not scare one off." Daryl said as they made their way towards the prison.

The brunette crinkled her nose, "I feel personally attacked." She whined as they passed Rick's new garden, "What did I do to deserve this mistreatment?"

Daryl rolled his eyes as she and Carl snickered, pulling the animal through the final gate before they made their way into what used to be the courtyard. Over the past weeks, the people of Woodbury had decided to create an area outdoors where everyone in the group would be able to eat meals as a whole. It consisted of tables and benches, an area where meat was cooked, and a few stands that held items that could be traded for other valuables. They had a makeshift market currently being built, and in all honesty, Athena loved it.