You Called? +Castiel+

"Castiel? Can you hear me? I know you can. I need you." I sit on the bed in my dirty motel room with my hands folded.

The flutter of wings behind me causes my muscles to relax. "You called?"

"I don't want to be alone. Not tonight." I feel tears roll down my cheek as I turn to look at his ocean blue eyes.

"How many years has it been? Since you lost her?" He asks.

"5 years. It hurts the same as it did the day it happened Cas. She didn't even get the chance to live a life. She was a kid." My body shakes as I cry. He sits beside me and pulls me to his chest.

"She is up in heaven you know. She loves you very much. She misses you." He tells me. "I am not great with human emotion but, I do know what loss feels like." I bury my face in the crook of his neck as I sob. He just holds me.

"I miss her so much."

"I know." He lays back on the bed and pulls me to his side and wraps an arm around me. "Get some rest. I'll be right here when you wake up." He kisses the top of my head and pulls me closer to him. Slowly I feel sleep take over.

Light leaks into the room through dust covered windows and wakes me up. I roll over to see Castiel's eyes closed and his chest rising and falling at a steady pace. At some point during the night he removed his coats, shirt, shoes, and tie.

I kiss his cheek lightly and whisper, "I love you." He stirs momentarily and pulls me closer to his chest.

"I love you too. Go back to sleep." He mumbles and falls back asleep.