If You're Thinking of Leaving You Should

I toss my bags in the back of my beat up Corolla and turn to look at Richie, his blond hair covered by a beanie and eyes looking at the ground. "I have to go." I say to him.

"You don't have to. You want to. You're never gonna come back." He says, voice breaking and a tear slipping out. I love him and seeing him hurt is killing me, but this is my shot.

"What am I supposed to do? This is my only chance to see the country and make something of myself." I tell him. "Everyone is begging me to stay, but I have to this for myself." I feel tears rolling down my cheeks.

Richie steps forward and pulls me to his chest. I wrap my arms around his waist and bury my face in his chest. "I know you have to go. If you don't you'll always regret it," he mumbles into my hair. I pull back and look at him. "I know I never got to tell you, but in love with you." My heart skips a beat at his words. "It's almost 6, you gotta go." He walks me back to the car and opens the door for me. I follow him in a sort of trance.

I pull out of the driveway and see him in his black jeans and galaxy shirt, wiping a tear off his cheek. I take a deep breath and drive away.

Time Skip ~brought to you by Richie's beautiful face~

It's been a year since I left home, I've traveled all over working as a back up singer for a pop-punk band. It's finally my week off and I'm sitting on the couch watching YouTube. I scroll through my sub box and notice Richie has a new music video up.

I miss him so much. I keep tabs on him but we haven't talked in almost 6 months. I play the video and wait intently for his beautiful voice. A song about a girl leaving behind someone who loves her plays. I feel my stomach turn and chest tighten. He really loved me. As soon as the song is over I grab my phone.

Me: hey....

Richie: hi.

Me: I saw your new video.

Richie: And?

Me: I didn't know that's how you felt that way. I wanna come home.

Richie: Then do it I guess.

Me: I love you.

Richie: I love you too....

I look at my phone and burst into tears. I wish I had known he felt like that. I grab my laptop, buy a plane ticket, and pack a bag.

Times Skip brought to you by ~a note less than 3~

I make my way through the airport and hail a cab. One pulls up and I toss my bag in the back and climb in next to it, giving the driver Richie's address. The whole drive butterflies erupt in my stomach.

The cab pulls up in front the house and I grab my bag and walk up to the door. I knock and I hear shuffling behind the door.

The door opens and Richie looks at me. He swing it open all the way and pulls me into a hug. "Are you really here?" He asks.

"Yeah I am." I pull away a little bit and look him in the eyes. He places and on my cheek and pulls me into a kiss. This is where I'd like to be.