Chapter 2

'After my small discussion with Kida, it turns out he was the friend that had the affair with Kay's ex. He said that he felt guilty for being the reason that his friend a.k.a. Kay, went crazy.

Even though I highly doubt it   -   that was definitely the trigger but it must have been building up seeing that he mentioned the voices that came back.' I underlined the word 'back'. "You asked for me?" I looked up and smiled.

"Yes, i did. I wanted to do some research on Robbie and his family and what i found was quite interesting. Nobody has come to visit him from all the time that he has been locked up at New Horizon asylum. Not even his sister Camilla who has survived it all..." he let out a sigh. "can you blame her? Her own brother killing their family..."

"Actually yes I can blame her. How does anyone expect him to go sane, when someone that was part of his 'sane' life refuses to visit him. So all he has is his insanity. He obviously does not recognize you." He rolled his eyes at me. "How would you know if he remembers her?"

Once again I came a small smirk. "Well that is what I'm going to find out today. So get your wife ready Kida. Because if he does remember her -  she will come visit him even if i have to drag her here myself." His eyes widened. "please bring Kay. I'm making him five minutes late already." I said a bit more calmly.

"You leave my wife alone-"

"You told me to make him sane, and that is exactly what I'm going to do. I am doing my job  -  it is time you do yours now fetch me him or I will get your own guards to escort you out."

He gave me one nod and then left. I put the photo of Robbie and his two sisters in my notepad.

"Good morning Kay." he smiled at me and said down.

"Doctor" I took a seat in front of him.

"I want to to have something and then tell me how you feel about it and what this means to you personally..." I took the photo out of my notepad and passed it to him, when he saw the photo his wicked grin left and he looked at it with no emotion.

He stared at Fiona's face and rubbed his finger tips over both of them.

"I remember that day, my sisters and I were extremely close. They came to visit me after my mum called and told them I had a mental breakdown. It was the best day of my life."

I sucked in all the information and then I did it - the question I have been longing to ask. "Do you regret killing her?"

He looked confused - opened his mouth than closed it and reopen it but still with the confused look on his face. "I didn't kill her..."

wait what?...

"I murdered my girlfriend, her brother and my parents I would never hurt Fiona nor Camilla. Never. I love my sisters They loved me... they did. They really did  -  well they said so."

I don't know if I was correct but I swear this was the first time I've ever seen him actually show any emotion.

"Who killed her?" I asked. Looking up from the photo with the sad look in his eyes and simply said. "I don't know... I did not even know she was dead."

His voice cracked up, making my heart break just as his is.

"My sister.... Camilla... She's alive yes?"

I just simply nodded still shocked to use any words.

"Why hasn't she come to see me?... She scared of me isn't she? She thinks I killed Fiona ... I didn't! I promise!"

All of a sudden he started screaming like a madman like before. I didn't want the guards to take him and punish or anything so I ran to the door and locked it.

"I would never!"

He Kept yelling and the one thing I remember of seeing a video of him and his sister when he had a breakdown was to grab his face.

"Robbie calm down, just relax don't think about it. 'Hush now my baby, are you still love now don't cry."

He stopped screaming and looked straight at me.

"Sleep as you're blocked by the stream, sleep and remember my last lullaby, so I'll be with you when you dream" i sang.

He gave me a shot expression trying to figure out how do I know that.

"You sister Fiona, she is a singer to you ... right?"

He just nodded so confused.

"I need you to tell me when was the last time you saw her?"

"No."

Was all he said and looked away.

"Listen, you are charged for her murder  -   if what you say is true... The guy who did do it is still out there while you're paying for his sentence."

"November 23"

I quickly wrote it down in the notepad.

"That was the last time I saw them both, they had a fight with my father and no matter how much I begged them to stay they didn't."

He looks down at the photo and then look back at me.

"May I- may I keep it? Please."

"Of course, just remind me to tell them I gave you permission to keep it,".

And that is when I finally realised he was not wearing his restrain jacket, i guess Kida was letting him off the hook especially what happened after last night.

"Robbie, would you like to see Camilla again?" He nodded.

"Yes.... please" I returned the smile and simply said.

"I will get her to come visit you."

He actually gave me a genuine smile and I'll be lying if I said that did not make my heart flutter.

"Alright, seeing that you told me what I wanted to know-you can tell me anything about your past even if it's bad or even if it's good." He gave one nod.

"I use to talk to my shadow when I had no friends."
I gave a soft smile remembering I did the exact same thing thinking it was a real person.

"Robbie I'm sorry I just have to ask, remember that friend you had and well your brother by heart, what is his name?"

Look at me with no motion but a hint of betrayal.

"Parker Croft."

Parker? Why would he lie about is name, put in notes and find out later.

"Alright, one more question and then we are done, why your parents?"

"My mother was an accident, I panicked after she found Tania. My father was easier, he use to beat us, so i felt nothing afterwards."

He just gave me a smile but not a scary looking one just a small smile.

"And you turned yourself in, but why?"

"no more questions" I gave him a nod, remembering my promise.

"My apologies, alright I guess we are done for the day."

I walked to the door and unlocked it.

"Come, I will escort you seeing that I have to tell them I give you permission for the photo."

He got up quickly and grabbed the photo and held it close to his chest and walked with me. Kida Opened his door and before he walked in looked at me.

"You promise you will find Camilla?" I smiled at him gently,

"I promise"

He gave a nod and walked in, I look to Kida.

"Hope you don't mind, I'll be phoning your wife tonight, good day Croft."