Chapter 10

"We better get you back before they find you. We can say you passed out at the showers. Yeah?"

I did not want any punishment to be brought on him so i knew i had to do what i had to do.

"You care about me. True or not?" He whispered.

"True. Now come on. Let us get you back."

I got up and helped him up. We ducked all four of the guards that came with me and as soon as we were in i had to make it look like he did not come from outside but from the bathroom way.

"There you are. Where the bloody hell did you find him?" Croft asked.

"He passed out in the bathroom. I think his body is still trying to get use to the anxiety depressants."

He gave a nod and left.

How thankful i was.

I took him to his room and i was still arguing with myself whether i should tell him about Camilla's pregnancy or just leave it.

"You okay?" I asked him.

"What is it like?" He asked softly.

I was so confused.

"What like love?" I said with a small smile.

"To be free?"

"Nobody is ever free. Not even me. Everyone is held down by something in life. Yours is voices, mine is responsibility for my sister. Nobody is ever completely free. What i usually tell myself every night before i go to sleep. 'There is someone more broken then i am.' It reminds me i am not going through all of this alone. That someone out there knows what i am going through."

"But your loved. There is a difference somehow."

"And so are you, your sister."

"She is still scared of me. I saw it."

"Maybe. That does not change the fact. She loves you and cares about you."

"Do you love me?"

I froze... shit. Uhm

"Get some rest alright. I am going to go fetch you some more blankets."

He looked at me as if i stabbed him in the heart.

I am sorry. I said in my mind.

I got a few blankets and through it on him. I was glad he was already passed out.

For if he asked me again i would not know what to say.

"Sleep well darlin." I whispered and kissed his forehead. "I will never leave you."

I knew what it felt to be alone. He will never feel like that again.

I walked to Croft's office.

"G'night." He looked up and smiled.

"Night."

I walked out and also out of the building.

I climbed into the car and drove home. My car phone rang and i accepted the call.

"Where the hell is my child, Y/N?!"

"Hello Karen. She is by me, i asked the neighbor to check up on you. You can be glad i did not tell Janae of how you are doing drugs."

"I will call the police for kidnapping."

"Go ahead. I am sure they will love to hear what i have to say about you and step-daddy huh?"

"You would not dare."

"Try me mother."

"She better be back tomorrow."

"Nope. She is moving in with me. You are served with documents for full custody of Janae. If you are smart you will just sign the papers over to me and we will be done. No fights - no court - no police."

"Listen you lil brat-"

"No mother you listen to me. You will sign those documents over or so help me i will put you in jail."

"Fine."

"Bye mother."

I hung up the phone and only now i realized i was in front of my flat.

I got out and i felt like screaming.

"Hey Y/N!"

"Hey Henry."

I unlocked my flat and plonked onto my couch.

And only now did it hit me...

It repeated over and over in my head.

'Do you love me?'