Chapter 8

I raced to my office immediately. He wouldn't... would he? This whole Fiona case - something is off...

I picked up my phone and dialed someone i was hoping to never talk to again.

"Good day, Peters speaking."

"Evan! Hi it is me, Y/N. I know we agreed to not contact one another but i need your help. Please..."

"Alright shoot."

I was never so grateful for someone more in my life then i was now.

"Fiona Kay- i need her file and her death certificate and papers."

"I can do that, let me check."

I heard some rustling, and him repeating the name 'Fiona Kay' as if he was searching for her name.

After a few mins.

"I have it but there is no death certificate..."

What?

"What do you mean no death certificate. You work for the FBI not to mention it was your case. How the hell do you not know where the death certificate is?" I yelled at the end.

"Relax! I will check on the system. It will be there it has everyone's records and death shit." He sighed.

"Hey Evan....thank you anyway i know you are not allowed to do this, so i should not really be screaming at you." I said with guilt.

"All good darlin'. Okay it is almost done loading." He said friendly.

I started pacing back and forth.

There was a slight knock on my door.

"Yes?"

"Sorry to bother madam! I just thought you would like to know that mr Kay's fever has gone down. He is asleep and has taken his pills. I made sure."

I smiled at him. He was one of our new guards, i think his name was Stefan...not to sure.

"Thank you so much! I will come check up in him soon."

He gave a nod and than left.

"Y/N?" I heard Evan call.

"Yes, yes - sorry." I said quickly.

"Uhm there is no death certificate..."

I nearly choked on my water.

"WHAT?! How can you not have it?!"

"Well if her death certificate is not here then i don't know."

"Evan, i love you but you are absolutely useless."

I heard him laugh.

"I got to get going. Please look for it."

"Will do." I hung up and sighed.

What els? Like bloody hell!

I walked to Robbie's room to check up on him. I walked in, took a seat on his bed and stroked his cheek.

"I haven't seen that look in a while..."
He whispered.

"What look?" I whispered back with a smirk.

"The face that says... i care."

My heart fluttered and i smiled.

"Because i do." I held his hand.

"Sometimes i feel like a prisoner in my own mind. One min i can be the person i always use to be and the other the demon inside." He said with a sigh.

I understood what he meant and sighed. I did not really know what to say but i smiled softly.

"You do not have to be...let them go."

"I can't." His face went emotionless.

"Tell me. Why don't you let them go?"

"Everyone leaves. Nobody stays. They are all i have. I don't want to be alone again. They were their for me when Fiona and Cami left..."

"No lov, they were manipulating you. They want you to suffer, so that they can become more stronger. You must push them aside."

He looked away and i felt my heart drop. I felt everything fall around me. The walls i build for 8 years...

I leant down and kissed him. He kissed back softly and i swear it was heaven itself. When we pulled away i whispered.

"It might be hard to get rid of them but with the right person... it can happen."

I kissed his forehead and got up.

"I will come check up on you later."

He smiled and closed his eyes. He was obviously still exhausted from the fever.

I had 3 patients after that and wanted to check up on Robb before i leave for home. When i got there he was gone...

"Stefan, right?"

"Yes mam"

"Where is Robbie?!"

"Kida took him mam"

DEAD MAN.

I went to Croft's office and without knocking i just stormed in.

"Where is he?"

"Who?"

"Croft if i warned you once i am sure i do not need to again!" I grabbed him by the throat.

"Now.WHERE.IS.HE?"