Chapter 4

It was next morning and i came in extra early. I was beyond stressed... stress was understatement. This could go anyway, it could either go well and help him in the way i want... uh i mean we all want or it could turn into a horrible back fire and push him further away from sanity. It could be a trigger ... a huge trigger. He has not seen her since he got locked up here. What he lashes out on her? I took a huge breath.

"CROFT!" I yelled. I wanted to talk Kay into it, bit wanting to tell him she is here but to see if he is still willing. "Yes," he said softly. "Will you please bring Kay in so long." I asked much kinder. I knew he just cared about his wife. "Yes.... I am warning you now, if he lays a finger on her, I will personally kill you." He growled. "Bite me." I said and then bit the air. He took a step back and then left.

About 5 mins later Croft brought him. He left immediately, not even giving Kay a warning. I do not know if it is because he knew i would snap his neck if he said a word or if he just wanted to get out. Either way i was glad he left without a word. "Good morning Kay."
He smiled and said the word he always says. "Doctor"

"Do you know what is happening next week Tuesday?" He gave me a confused look and shook his head, then paused ... "I am getting adopted?" He said in a fake excited child's voice and even i could not help but to laugh. "No, no, no. This is not a orphanage." He smiled again. "So doctor L/N, ya wanna tell me what happens next week Tuesday?" How does he not know?

"You really don't know?" I asked a bit heart broken. He shook his head. "No"
I felt so upset but held myself together. "It is your 21st birthday..." he looked up at me with no emotion. "My birthday? I still have one?" What is he talking about? "Of course you have one! You never loose it!" He looked down in his hands. "How old am i again..." he said sounding a bit embarrassed. "You are turning 21. How don't you know that?"

"My first few years here they kept me sedated constantly." I felt my heart drop. "Kay, i need to put this on you. I will tell you why afterwards." I said showing him the restrained-jacket. He sighed and lightly nodded. I out the retraining jacket on him and some how i tripped but caught myself. When i opened my eyes, i was face to face with him. "Hello there" he laughed sweetly. I smiled at him. "Bit clumsy, ha?"

"Yeah but cute." I got up and pulled myself straight. "Alright. I want you to stay calm as possible. I have a surprise for you, as you could say. "Alright."

I heard a knock on the door and went to answer it. "Good morning. Please come in." I led her to a seat. "Robbie would you mind opening your eyes and liftour head. Its only manners." He did as asked and he froze as soon as he saw her.  "Cami?" He said in this soft voice. "Hey baby bro." She said tearing up. "You came!" He said more excitedly.

"I did yes." She said softly as if thinking only now her actions through. "I missed you..." he said.

"I missed you as well." She said not looking at him.

"Cami...i didn't kill her i promise... I am sorry for ruining your life." He started more or less to tear up. "No, no it was not your fault. I should have been there for you." She got off her chair and knelt in front of him.

"I should have been there. You were scared confused. I still love you... love you once, love you still, always have..."

"Always will" they both said. She kissed his nose and i smiled. I looked at him and i felt my stomach get butterflies when i saw his genuine smile.

She just kept telling him how much she missed him and loved him. "I am so sorry to interrupt you guys but its time..." she looked at me like as if i broke her toy or something. "I am sorry." She nodded. "I will see you soon. Alright?" He nodded and pressed his forehead against hers. "Don't leave me again...please."

"I won't, i promise." They said their goodbyes and i escorted her out. "Thank you" she whispered.
I gave her a small nod.

I closed the door and walked over to Kay, taking the restraining jacket off.

"You kept your promise..." he said softly. I successfully got it off. "I did yes and now you may relax before you go back."

I was busy packing my stuff when i felt someone spin me around and kiss me. I was full on in shock ...