Chapter 23

It was almost 2 am in the morning, I still have not fallen asleep and I felt emotionless, i had wondered to myself if this is what Robbie felt like when he was alone. When he had nobody to comfort him, nobody to tell him that everything was okay and was going to be okay...

The knock on my door is what brought me back to reality.

A knock at my door? At 2 a-fucking-m in the morning?!?! REALLY?!?

I slowly got up and made my way to the kitchen and grabbed one of my steak knives for safety. Rather safe then sorry.

The knock got louder and with every knock i felt the fear pang into me.

I held the knife at my side, not trying to make it to obvious but also to be ready for the worst circumstance.

I slowly opened the door to reveal a very soaked Evan.

"Y/N! We-"

He stared at my knife and cocked his eyebrow at me.

"Really?"

"What Evan?"

I was not in the mood for games.

"We found him."

My eyes went wide, my chest relieved and i could finally breath again.

"We found Kay."

I slammed the door shut, rushed to my room. Got dressed as quick as possible and grabbed my coat.

I should have let Evan in... oh well. Hakuna Matata.

I opened it and lucky for me Evan was still standing there.

"Sorry." I gave a quick reply.

"Yeah yeah. Lets go."

We made our way to the car, i was still so in shock that i hardly realized that i left my phone at home.

When we got in the car and drove off, i started bombarding Evan with questions. I needed to know... i needed to.

"Where did you find him?"

"In the opposite room where Fiona was held. I went to investigate more and take photos and then when i went to the next room. I saw him chained up, beaten and unconscious."

I growled under my breath. Dead man Croft dead man.

"Is he awake now?"

"Hardly. He drifts in and out. Still trying to get use to being awake."

"Has he eaten?"

"No mama bear. He has not. He is too weak. But we have put him on the feeding drip. So he should be fine."

Mama bear? Really Evan?

"Is he gunna be okay?"

There was a moment of silence...

"I can not promise you anything but i can promise that i will make sure he stays protected."

"Thank you Evan. Like really. Thank you."

"What do you mean love?"

"I know you would not really. Care as much if i was not involved. You are doing this for me."

"Well, people do crazy things for the ones they love..."

"Evan.."

"Oh and one more thing. You must know something before you go in."

"This doesn't sound good..."

"Kay is severely injured..."