Chapter 20

After hours of sitting on the ground rocking back an forth trying to block out the screams that came from the patients who were caught in the fire,

Evan came to sit beside me and put a hand on my shoulder.

"You can't find him... can you?"

I asked giving him a broken look.

"Unfortunately not, but we will keep looking."

I blocked out his voice still sitting there praying that he would might be okay.

"So tell me from the beginning, what exactly happened?" I didn't even bother to look whose voice that belonged to.

"I was having a meeting with a few of my guards, when one of them who was not attending ran in yelling 'Fire', but it was to late to save the patients, i tried - really-"

Now that bloody voice caught my attention. I got up as fast as possible,

Evan did the same and followed me but what I did next took him by surprise.

I punched Croft and he fell to the ground. I could no longer contain the anger inside of me.

"What did you do?" I yelled.

He looked at me with no emotion but i saw the hint of a smirk.

I gave him one hard kick to the ribs and

Evan had to hold me back so i did not continue.

"What did you do?!" I yelled with tears streaming eyes.

"Madame, you are under arrest for assault." The officer who was once speaking to Croft said to me.

I looked at the officer ready to attack him but before I could even say anything, Evan spoke up.

"Excuse me, are you in charge here?"
Evan asked while holding me tighter so that I could not escape.

"No sir but-"

"Well then I revoke her charge."

"And you are who now?

Evan Took out his badge with a crooked smile.

"Agent Peters, FBI."

The guy's eyes went wide.

"My apologies Sir." 

Was all the man said and left.

Evan led me away but I quickly turned around fighting a little bit against him.

"Parker Croft!"

He gave me one nasty look.

"I condemn you back to hell!" I gave him a wicked smile and a sort of little laugh.

Evan lead me to my car, before I got in and lock the door, I looked back at the now burnt asylum.

"Y/N" was all Janae said as she gave my hand a tight squeeze.

Thank god for her. She was the only one who was keeping me sane at the moment.

Evan put a hand on my shoulder, gave me a small smile and said,

"Why don't you come around to my house and we can all just watch some movies?"

"Thank you, but if you do not mind I would like to go home."

"Well if there is anything I can do just give me a call"

"Thank you, actually there is something you could do for me."

"Anything, you say the word and it will be yours."

"Get all the information about the Kay family, especially the missing whereabouts of Fiona Kay."