Chapter 1

The light from the window woke me up, I shielded my eyes with my hand reaching for my phone to check the time. Knocking several things off the nightstand my hand brushed up on the silky screen of my phone, groggily stepping out of bed, I made my way down the stairs. 

'Did I forget something?....'

I rubbed my eyes trying to remember whatever it was I forgot... 

'I was definitely going to do something today...'

I scanned the room, my eyes landing on a packed suitcase and a packed backpack. My eyes widened 

'IT'S SATURDAY!'

I sprinted to the bathroom knocking my elbow on the doorknob. Mentally cursing myself I washed my face and teeth pulling on the outfit I prepared last night. How could I forget the most important day of the year. I've planned it for at least a month!

Today was Saturday, my magic would disappear tomorrow and since I was going to fly to Seoul, I would have to leave today to meet up with my only close friend, Bora. She works as a makeup and hair artist for the idols at Bighit Entertainment. I am a K-pop fan myself and i'm obviously jealous of her amazing job, imagine doing idols hair and makeup. I shook my head snapping myself out of the fantasy and proceeded to combing my hair. I could never work with idols, I almost laughed at myself for thinking such a thing. I'm not human, I freaken grow wings! No one wants to be friends with a monster. I paused and looked at myself in the mirror, my toiletries were hovering in the air. I closed my eyes and shook my head willing the things to stop floating. I can't even control my own stupid magic. All the toiletries dropped to the ground with a thud.

'It's fine Jisoo, you can do this.' 

I spoke to my reflection. Suddenly a week of being completely human started sounding better and better. I smiled to my reflection and gave myself a thumbs up.

'You can do this' 

******************************

'Goodbye house, see you next week'

I stood in front of my house, the grass tickling my ankles. With my suitcase in one hand, my backpack in my other, my phone tucked in my pocket. Reaching into my bag I pulled out a velvet drawstring pouch, inside was sparkling white powder. This was invisibility powder, I had some left from when I fled my home dimension. I took a pinch of it and threw it up over my head and my suitcase. The familiar tingling sensation rippled through my body. I shivered at the odd feeling. Now that me and my bags were invisible I sprouted my wings, stretching them in the bright sun. I rolled my neck and shoulders.

'Ok Jisoo, Seoul is not that far you can make it!'

At this I flapped my wings hard, thrusting me straight up into the air,  started my flight toward Seoul. It might've been easier to just take the railroad train from my town to Seoul but I was trying to save money in case I had to buy anything, and I just figured it would be more convenient. 

I was wrong, so, so wrong.

My house was in the rural area of South Korea so I was about 40 Miles from Seoul. It takes about an hour and a half to reach Bighit Entertainment. Which is also how long the invisibility powder lasted.

After an hour and  twenty minutes of flying my wings were incredibly sore and my phone was loosing battery. Without my phone I couldn't use google maps and would get lost for sure. 

'Come on Jisoo just a little further'

I willed myself to keep going as more and more buildings came into view. I looked at the time on my phone  mentally curing myself.  I only had ten minutes left before the invisibility powder wore off.

'Shit! Why an hour and a half why not just two hours!'

I worked my wings even harder, flapping with all my might, willing myself to go faster. My shoulder blades ached as I scanned the logos on the buildings looking for Bighit. My phone announced my destination was 3 blocks away, I soared and dived down to the streets. Hovering only 2 feet above people's heads I twisted my head around looking for the building my phone claimed was in front of me. Almost passing the tall grey building, I scrambled to the front entrance, dodging people on the streets. Slipping through the door just as it was closing I franticly  searched for the bathroom. I can't just appear out of thin air in front of these people!

Wheres the goddamn bathroom! I flew down hallway after hallway before I finally reached the women's toilet. Quickly looking around to make sure no one was around I pushed open the door and ran to the handicap stall. Just in time the tingling sensation flooded me again as my body became visible. 

'Crap that was close.'

leaning against the stall door I tried to catch my breath. Out of the corner of my eye I saw my suitcase hovering a foot above the floor still. I snapped my fingers and it instantly dropped back onto the floor. Rolling my shoulders my wings disappeared back into me. After all the chaos I let out a sigh of relief. I made it.