Chapter 19

Wednesday: Day 4 of Birthday Week

'Jisoo! Jisoo! Jisoo!' I woke to the sound of Finn's adorable voice squeaking in my face. Mumbling I opened my eyes, Finn was jumping up and down on my chest, urging me to wake up. 'Come on wake up I'm hungry' Finn whined.

I mumbled some more and rolled off the couch. Finally making my way to the kitchen to open a can of cat food. I had bought some cat food at the mall the other day, along with some toys for Finn.

I got out an apple from Bora's fridge to eat for breakfast, where is Bora anyway?

I looked around the apartment before noticing a text from her that she sent at 6:00.

Bora: Hey Jisoo I have work today of course, if you want you can come hang out with BTS and then we can meet up for lunch or something. Sorry for what happened last night, I was just sorta down because of,...you know what. Anyway I hope you come, sorry I couldn't spend time with you today.

I frowned, remembering last night. All the horrible feelings of terror, sadness and loneliness flooded back. Followed by worry, my magic was showing more frequently, and it was stronger than ever before. Even during normal days. Could the Wisps track me down, would they come to Seoul? I broke out in a cold sweat remembering the terrifying disoriented smoke figures that haunted my dreams. And today was Wednesday! I gasped, I completely forgot what day it was. If anything today my magic would act up for sure maybe even enough to lure the Wisps over.

I should stay here today. If I go out I'll be putting myself at risk of exposing myself or getting others hurt. But I really wanted to see Yoongi today. I spotted the Kumamon toy on the couch and smiled. I really wanted to see him.

'Jisoo are you going out to the silver forest today?' Finn pawned at my leg, looking up at me with his big round eyes.

'Yeah, I think so.'

*******************

After changing into some army green shorts and a t-shirt, I packed my bag with Finn snuggled on my pencil case. The entire time I ranted to Finn about all my worries, he only understood to an extent but it still felt better to tell someone. Leaving the house took a 5 minute pep talk to persuade myself everything would be fine. I couldn't fit the Kumamon toy in my bag so I ended up having to carry it in my arms the whole way. The toy made my arms sweat under the hot sun and my bag was uncomfortably heating my back. Before I reached the Bighit building I decided to stop by and get food for the others. If I showed up with a present for Yoongi and no one else that would be mean.

Since it was a hot day and they would probably be tired from dance practice I decided on getting ice pops. The store was just across the street so I was able to buy 8 ice pops and get into the building before they melted completely. I also bought some cat treats for Finn. Hugging the Kumamon toy in my left arm and a plastic bag with all the ice pops in my right hand, I rode the elevator up to BTS's dance practice room.

The air conditioning was refreshing after the heat of Seoul's streets. I walked down the hall to the dance room already hearing their song playing. Peeking my head in I saw all of them practicing their intense dance routines. The sound of sneakers squeaking and stomping on the dance floor masked out the sound of the door opening and closing as I walked in.

The others had not yet noticed me, focusing on the dance. I put down my bag and took Finn out. He edged up against the wall and fell asleep immediately. I sat down next to Finn near the door, checking the ice pops and putting down the toy. The song came to an end and they all stopped panting and bending over. I clapped enthusiastically making them all look over,