Chapter 40

'Jisoo!' My eyes flew open, my head shot up to the source of the sound. Yoongi followed by everyone else barged in through the front door. The sudden presence sent the Wisps into a frenzy, the sharp edged smoke seemed to shatter around the room whipping into a hurricane of black shards of smoke. 'JISOO!'

*****************************

I mentally cursed myself. They probably climbed out the window down to the front door.'Yoongi! Go, run away!' I struggled to stand, franticly waving my hand at the others. The Wisps who were viciously whipping around the room made it hard to see. I stumbled forward, determined to make the others leave but instead was thrown to the floor when I made contact with the angered smoke. My arm that touched the smoke stung intensely like a burn. I rolled over onto my back, gripping my arm in pain, clenching my jaw to stop myself from screaming.

'Jisoo!' I heard the others shout in union. The Wisps who seemed to have gathered there understanding of the situation circled around me. I sat up, still gripping my arm I looked around with wild eyes. The Wisps spun madly in a tornado, quickly closing in on me. I pulled my knees to my chest, making myself as small as possible, my hair whipping around. The wall of thick black smoke condensed closer together, leaving only occasional small gaps within the wall of spinning madness. I caught glimpses of my living room, papers whipped around, the throw pillows and cabinets strewn on the floor. Shattered glass from the light bulbs, lamps and vases clinked along around the room, guided by the wind the Wisps were creating. I squinted, the strong winds making my eyes dry out.

I shrieked when the burning smoke licked at my exposed skin. Like dancing fire it erupted immense pain wherever it touched, flicking it's wispy ends at my face and arms, lapping away at my skin. I howled over and over in pain, rolling onto my side in fetus position. The whipping and sparking electrical noises the Wisps seemed to be making clouded my ears. Yoongi,

I forced myself to sit up, pushing away the fiery pain to search for the others. My heart accelerated at the sight, the Wisps were no longer just circling me, they whipped around the entire living room. The curtains seemed to have been seared and ripped, thrashing about. My couch lay on it's side along with the coffee table and chairs. Various items were being thrown around in the black smoke, singed and tattered. Crouching in the corner by the door was Yoongi and all of BTS, gripping onto each other in obvious pain.

'STOP! Don't hurt them!' I shouted, clawing onto my hands and knees, fighting the constant thrashing winds. I saw Yoongi raise his head at my voice, his teeth gritting in pain.

I don't know what happened or how it happened. Maybe it was the look on Yoongi's face, or just seeing them all suffering because of me. All movement seemed to freeze momentarily, the whipping of the Wisps froze. And suddenly, as if two giant forcefields appeared, the Wisps were forced to both sides of the wall, leaving a clear path from me to the others. I gasped, taking in the scene, behind the two invisible walls, the Wisps began to thrash around furiously, slashing at the wall but not able to escape. I quickly scrambled to my feet and ran over to Yoongi and the others who were sitting up and staring at the Wisps in confusion and fear.

'Jisoo!' Yoongi exclaimed, extending his arms up at me. I dropped down to my knees and immediately fell into his embrace, wrapping my arms around his neck. He brought his arms around me, gripping me in a tight hug, burying his face in my shoulder. I didn't want to let go, I wish I never let go but I knew that if I had told them and said goodbye I would never be able to leave. Now, back in his arms I really didn't want to leave.

'Jisoo what's going on!?' V screamed, I released Yoongi turning my head to see everyone staring, with wide eyes in one direction. I gasped, in the center of the room was what looked like some sort of worm hole or portal. A gaping hole in space, a black abyss in it's depths, swirling black smoke bordered the giant hole, loud whooshing, air sucking sounds could be heard. What was more surprising was how the Wisps seemed to be reacting.

'Holy shit.' I heard Yoongi whisper behind me. The portal was sucking the smoky figures into it's entrance. By the jagged desperate movements of the Wisps, and their screeches of protest it was clear they were trying to fight it off, trying to remain in our world.

'Where are they going?!' Rapmon shouted over the loud winds of the portal and the screeching of the Wisps. I squinted into the portal's depths, it seemed to be a landscape. But the sky and the air was dark, an eery bluish black was the only source of light. Mountains and broken building structures stood in hazy outlines in the distance. Smokey black Wisps clouded the sky, traveling back and forth aimlessly.

A portal...to another dimension? My dimension? The dimension taken over by the Wisps.

'It's, my home.' I said in almost a whisper.

'Is this killing them?!' J-Hope screamed over the sounds. I snapped out of my daze,

'No, it's just a portal! It's taking them back to their dimension!' I shouted back.

'Are you doing this!?' Jin asked

'I-I think so?' I answered unsure.

'Will they stay there forever?!' Jungkook asked

'No I think they can come back!'

'So how will we kill them!?' Yoongi shouted. We all looked at each other, hoping the other would have an idea.

'Maybe you can use your magic! You made this portal, I bet you could kill them! V shouted. I hesitated before moving to stand up,

'Wait! Jisoo!' Yoongi grabbed my wrist, stopping me from walking closer to the whipping hole of darkness. I looked down at him, he scrambled onto his knees, gripping my hand tighter.

'Don't worry! I'll be careful!' I shouted in reassurance, trying hard to make a believable smile. I could tell Yoongi didn't believe me but with one last squeeze of my hand he let me go. I staggered closer to the gaping hole, the Wisps fighting against the sucking spinning winds. I turned my head to glance at the others who were huddled on the floor beside the door, their hair and clothes whipping in the unnatural winds. Feeling all their eyes on me I faced the immense hole, now that I was closer the grim landscape was bone chillingly familiar. I closed my eyes willing my magic to for once cooperate at my command.

Without knowing what I was even trying to do I focused on one wish. I wanted the Wisps gone.

'Jisoo I think you're doing something!' I heard Jimin scream.

I opened my eyes, the black smoke seemed to have lessened considerably, the ones remaining easily getting absorbed into the dark abyss. Right before my eyes the cloud of Wisps was visibly disappearing, not just into the portal but shriveling up as if disintegrating. The smoke itself burned up into a crispy ash midair before falling to the floor like sand. I watched in amazement as one by the one the smoky figures shriveled up like fire and then going out, leaving behind black ashes. I almost cried out in joy, the Wisps weren't invincible, they could be killed and here they were dying before my eyes.

Before I could bask in my success I noticed, a new group of Wisps fresh from their dimension were were spilling into my living room, determined to avenge their brothers. I couldn't hold all them back, even if I fought them off there were possibly millions other on standby. On the spot the only thing I could think of to stop the flow was to go to their source, enter the portal.