Chapter 9

Jisoo POV:

I opened my eyes to the sight of Yoongi sitting on the floor next to the bed, his head rested on the mattress facing me.  My eyes widened when I realized his hand was clasped tightly around mine. I quickly propped myself up on my elbows only to fall back onto the mattress when every muscle in my body ached in refusal. I turned my head to look at Yoongi's sleeping face, this is the first time I had looked at him and he wasn't frowning or trying to avoid me. I looked down at our intertwined hands and smiled. Had Yoongi saved me, I noticed the kitten on my stomach and the patched up cuts on my arms and hand. He probably did, my eyes wandered around the room as best I could without getting up. This was one of the rooms in the cabin, the arms I had felt when I fell off the branch and the vaguely familiar face, that was Yoongi wasn't it? I smiled again at his sleeping face. Maybe he didn't hate me, I hope he doesn't, I really wanted to be friends. I continued to stare at his sleeping face, even more perfect than his photos online. Oh my god, how can someone be so perfect!? 

I slowly tried to sit up again, trying not to move my left hand too much and wake Yoongi. Getting up in sitting position I leaned on a pillow against the bed's headboard. I stretched a bit to ease the pain. My movements wobbled the mattress slightly, waking Yoongi up. 

'Oh, your awake.' He said, lifting his head to look at me. I nodded staring back at him, my eyes wandered to our still clasped hands. Yoongi followed my gaze and quickly let go of my hand turning his head away and blushing slightly. I suppressed my laughter at his funny expression and maintained a  straight face. 'Uh, ...a-are you..feeling ok?' He stuttered avoiding eye contact. 

'Yeah, I'm fine...did you catch me? When I fell.' Now that he was awake I had lots of questions. 

He told me the whole story about how he saw me go into the woods and not come out. How he went in to see if I was ok, and saw me climbing that tree, that he thankfully made it in time to catch me. I was surprised to hear the story, Yoongi was worried about me, he was actually worried and he saved my life. I thanked him a million times but I felt like I still owed him. 

'Actually, are you ok? I mean...I fell from a pretty high branch, did you hurt your arms?' He hesitated at my question before answering,

'It was weird...it was like, you were falling slower than normal, I'm surprised I got there in time, and when you collided you were oddly light and it didn't actually hurt.' He continued after seeing my confused face, 'I mean...I don't know, Jin hyung says it was a miracle,...or magic, I'm just glad your safe.' At the mention of magic I froze, this week...I was suppose to be magic free. Then I remembered everything, how I could understand the kitten, who was now safely asleep in my lap, now Yoongi says I slowed down when I was falling,...It all linked back to my magic. Which was supposed to be non existing this week! 

'Uh...Jisoo are you ok?' Yoongi's voice brought me back to reality,

'Huh, oh yeah I'm fine...Just a little shaken up by it all.' He nodded slowly 

'Um, Jisoo?' He said slowly. 'Jungkook said, well it sorta just came up but, he said that you think... I hate you? Is that true?' My eyes widened at his comment, oh geez.

'Um...well yeah, you just seemed like you were avoiding me and so I just sorta assumed...' I looked down at the kitten to avoid eye contact. I heard Yoongi exhale at my side.

'I'm sorry...' My head shot up, Yoongi was staring straight at me, sadness in his eyes. 

'Why are you sorry?' I asked, confused.

'I don't hate you. I really don't, I'm sorry for coming off so harshly, I've just been sorta...confused lately. If you don't mind...I'll like to start over. Be friends.' He paused and continued to stare right at me, as if reading my thoughts. He wanted to be friends? I smiled brightly,

'Of course we can start over! I'd really love to be friends~' He looked taken aback by my cheerfulness, as if he was expecting rejection. 

'You're not mad?' He asked, I arched a brow

'Of course I'm not mad, why would I be?' He hesitated before giving a gummy smile

'Ok then.' He straightened up and propped both arms up on the bed. 'Hi, I'm BTS's Yoongi, nice to meet you.' He stuck out his hand, I gladly accepted, smiling as I shook his hand. 

'Hello, I'm Jisoo. Nice to meet you.' We both laughed and continued to shake hands. It was great seeing Yoongi smiling like this, now I can get to know him! I couldn't stop grinning like a fool. Just then Jimin poked his head in through the door,

'Uh..oh! Jisoo your awake! Are you feeling ok?' I nodded my head and smiled

'I'm great!' I beamed at Yoongi, he appeared to blush slightly, grinning, and got up. 

'I'm guessing I need to do my photoshoot.' Yoongi said to Jimin who nodded. He turned and waved at me before walking past Jimin and leaving the room. Jimin stared at the door before turning to look at me with an arched brow.

'That...was weird.'

'What do you mean?'

'Well, he's in a good mood. Strangely happy...' Jimin studied my face, which was still grinning. 'You guys are friends now?' I nodded enthusiastically. He laughed at my cheerfulness, he gave me a thumbs up and left the room closing the door. I smiled wide, mentally fist pumping . We're friends now! I felt such relief, I hated knowing someone didn't like me. But now I know it was just a misunderstanding. WE'RE FRIENDS!