Chapter 37

Jisoo POV:

I blinked away the blinding whiteness, wincing at the aching pain poking at all my muscles. I groaned at the stiffness surrounding the subduing pain. 

'Jisoo! Jisoo!' I could hear muffled voices calling my name as my senses return, the room starting to form before my eyes. I gasped, realizing where I was. My room, on my bed, surrounded by the members. My eyes shifted into focus, bringing Yoongi into my vision.

'Yoongi.' I whispered, relief flooded through me. He was here, he wasn't scared, he didn't leave. I franticly tried to sit up, eager to surround myself in Yoongi's embrace. 

'Wait, Jisoo be careful!' Yoongi rushed forward, gently grasping my arm, willing me to lay back down. It wasn't hard to comply, all my muscles and bandaged wounds screamed in protest. I wrapped my arms around my stomach, wincing as I collapsed back onto the mattress. 'Don't get up yet we just finished patching you up.' Yoongi said, checking if I had hurt myself anymore.

'Patching me up?' I mumbled, running my hands over my arms. Sure enough the cast like bandage was wrapped around my forearm, my right hand was also wrapped and after shifting my legs around I could feel the rough material on my legs as well as around my stomach. I touched my face, finding a bandage across my cheek and above my brow.

'Huh, I thought I got hurt more than this...' I mumbled, remembering the pain being unbearable and spreading like wildfire.

'More than this?' Jimin exclaimed, putting emphasis on the word this. I couldn't help but smile, the relief of not being on the edge of death.

'I'm guessing I have a lot of explaining to do?' I propped myself onto my elbows, meeting all the members concerned and confused expressions. I grunted, trying to sit up properly, immediately Yoongi swoops in to help me rest up against two fluffy pillows, my wings folded up behind me, peeking out from around my small frame. I smiled at him as a silent thank you, 'This might take a while.'

*****************************

I told them everything, the very beginning. Loosing my family in the wisps war, fleeing to Korea and making my life here. I explained the wisps' nature, their usual appearance around my house, how it's forced me to live basically in solitude. I showed them everything my magic could do, I explained the Wednesday morphs and the birthday week magic free rule. I told them how it malfunctioned while I was in Seoul and then what happened with Bora. I spilled out all my emotions and and thoughts, how the wisps were getting closer and closer, how my magic was getting stronger and more powerful. I explained why I wasn't able to go around town with them and lastly what happened today. 

The words tumbled out of my mouth, a lifetime of not telling anyone, sweeping my secrets and concerns under a rug. All at once it all came out, a gigantic weight seemed to be lifted off my shoulders. The feeling to finally tell someone, to share the burden in a way. The members were silent the entire time I spoke listening contently, taking in all the information I was throwing at them. It was too late to be scared they would reject me, to late to be worried they wouldn't believe me or choose to just leave. 

'But what about the wisps, you said they beat you up and then just disappeared. Aren't they gonna come back?' Rapmon asked, the first thing anyone had said.

'Yeah, they're gonna come back, but I have no idea what to do. I don't even know why they started attacking in the first place.' I answered. 'But I'm fine for now, and I've already started to heal so nothing really hurts. If the wisps do show up again I at least stand a chance.' 

'And the wings, can you actually fly?' V asked.

'Yeah I can fly, I flew to Seoul and I was suppose to fly back but then you guys wanted to come so we took the train.' I stretched out my wings and flapped them a bit, the members stared in awe.

'You flew all the way to Seoul?!' Jimin exclaimed. 

The members kept asking questions, wonderings about my magic, how I've kept my secret for so long and just curious remarks on some things I said. They seemed genuinely interested, not showing any signs of retreat or fright.

But the entire time I noticed that Yoongi stayed quiet, listening to our conversations and nodding once in a while. I glanced at him quickly only to meet his intense stare. I looked away, feeling a slight blush creep up my face. Why was he staring, was he looking at me the whole time? And then I started to panic, what if he's weirded out by all this, o-or feels betrayed or something and wants to break up. I sneaked another peak at him while the others were busy poking and examining the feathers of my wings. And sure enough, Yoongi was still staring at me with intense eyes. As if he was studying me, staring right into my soul. I raised an eyebrow at him, curious and worried as to why he was staring so intently. 

'Hey guys, could you leave for a bit. I want to talk to Jisoo.' Yoongi said, without breaking our stare. My eyes widened at his request, what did he want to talk about? I looked over at the others who exchanged questioning glances before silently getting up and walking out. 

I swung my legs over the side of the bed to be directly facing him, my calves pressed against the cold wood frame, our knees practically touching. I clasped my fingers together, fidgeting with the bandage around my hand and avoiding his eyes. Still I could feel his gaze boring into me, searching for my face.

'Jisoo.' Yoongi called softly. I scrunched up my nose, loosing against his deep, gentle voice. Hesitantly I looked up to meet his dark orbs. 'Does anything still hurt?' Yoongi asked, taking my bandaged hand in his and rubbing the fabric. I looked up in surprise, not expecting him to ask that.

'Uh, n-no nothing hurts. I heal really fast you see, I mean I already explained that but you know in case...' I drifted off towards the end of the sentence, looking down at our hands. Yoongi smiled at my response, continuing to rub at my palm.

I decided we've done enough stalling. I had to say what was surely on both our minds, that was eating away at my confidence.

'Yoongi.' He looked up from our hands, raising an eyebrow.

'Hm?' 

'I understand, that this...all of this,' I stretched out my wings, motioning to them, 'is a lot to process and believe. And I'm not forcing you to believe me or trust me or, stay...with me. Because I've been lying to you and hiding a part of me from you even though you've been so amazing and accepting. I don't deserve you, all your kindness and affection and love. I've never been happier don't get me wrong, I didn't lie about loving you. I meant all my love, but I was fooling myself. I'm a monster-' 

Yoongi interrupted me by cupping his hands over my cheeks, leaning in quickly and gently kissing me. My eyes widened in shock but quickly fell into the kiss, leaning towards him. I felt Yoongi smile against my lips when I kissed back, placing my hands over his. So much love and yearning was stitched into the kiss, a noticeable eagerness as our heads tilted to meet.  Slowly Yoongi broke off, leaning his forehead against mine, staring into my eyes. 

'You're not a monster, I would never leave you. I promise.' Without even knowing, he said the words I've been longing to hear my whole life. A promise, an acceptance, someone willing to love me for me and all the burden along with me. 

Not being able to control my happiness I launched myself into his arms, wrapping my arms around his neck. Yoongi quickly stood up and pulled me closer, his arms around my waist and his face snuggled into my neck. I stood up on my tipi-toes so I could smile over his shoulder, pulling him impossibly closer. Eager to feel his warmth, the familiar scent and security of his embrace. Ecstasy spreading from everywhere we made contact. 

'I'm guessing I said something right?' Yoongi said jokingly. 

I choked back tears in between laughing, my face quickly getting covered in my tears, not being able to control the overwhelming joy,

'Jisoo! Why are you crying?' Yoongi pulled me away, franticly wiping at my face with his thumbs. I laughed as more tears poured form my eyes, a concerned expression on Yoongi's face. 

'I'm just s-so happy!' I gasped out smiling wide. Yoongi stared at me with questioning eyes before shaking his head and laughing. I laughed some more, burying my face into his chest, intertwining my fingers at his back. Without hesitation Yoongi wrapped his arms around me surrounding me in his warmth again.

'I love you.'

'I love you too.'