Chapter 35

Author Narration:

The next two days were filled with worry for Jisoo. Her magic kept acting up, randomly blowing things up and levitating objects around the house. It took many ridiculous excuses to cover up her magic malfunctions, but luckily the others didn't care too much for the things that kept randomly breaking around the house. During the two days, the others would often fool around in the yard or forests, play games on her T.V and go out to town to explore the shops and talk to the neighbors. They requested Jisoo come along with them but she couldn't control her magic, going outside would be risky. It was completely out of hand so Jisoo was forced to have to lie and say she wasn't feeling well and stayed cooped up in her room. Jisoo felt bad that there wasn't anything fun to do around her town and she was worried the others were bored and would want to leave. When she told Yoongi, he reassured her that he and the others don't want to leave. Jisoo even considered calling BTS's manager and have him lie and say they needed to be back immediately, since there wasn't anything else to do at her house, and she was becoming more and more scared of the danger they were in. But she couldn't bring herself to do it. She would miss Yoongi too much. She knew she was being selfish, but she didn't want them to go. 

Yoongi was also worried about jisoo. He believed her when she said she wasn't feeling well and constantly worried that she was sick. She tried to tell him she was just out of it but Yoongi couldn't help but be concerned. He wanted to stay with her all day and make sure she was alright but Jisoo insisted he go out with the others. Yoongi thought she just didn't want him to be bored, which was partially true but Jisoo couldn't have people around her for too long, she had to concentrate in order to control her magic. Not only were her powers acting up the wisps were showing up closer to the house and in larger groups. Jisoo was extremely scared the wisps would attack but they usually only came out at night. But worst of all tomorrow was Wednesday and Jisoo would be going through the morph. Of course she told the others that she was going to a gallery and wouldn't be home all day. So that was worked out, she had an excuse to not be there. When she told the others she would be going Yoongi didn't want her to. He said she was still unwell and should rest. Of course this wasn't a matter of how well she was, no matter what she had to get away during the morph. Jisoo thought maybe after the morph all would be well and her magic would go back to being normal. Of course that's what she hoped, there was no guarantee that was the case. 

After finally convincing Yoongi and the others she was fine and would be going to the gallery Jisoo packed food into a backpack. The morph happens anytime between sunrise and noon, the sun rises at around 5 and the old barn that Jisoo was planning on hiding out in was a half hour bike ride away. So she would have to be awake earlier that 4:30 am.

Wednesday: Day 5 at Jisoo's house

Jisoo POV:

My watch beeped it's annoying ringtone waking me up. I quickly shut it off, afraid it might wake Yoongi. I sighed, the stress leading up to today made sleeping a chore. Every night I lay awake for hours in case the wisps got too near the house. Now I was exhausted, my limbs ached, straining from the cold air in the room. I turned over meeting Yoongi's sleeping face, I hated having to lie to them. It broke my heart every time and it terrified me to consider Yoongi might catch on that I'm hiding something and dump me. But despite my doubts, Yoongi was so amazing to me so far. My lack of sleep and constant worrying made pulling off the sick act easy since I was practically sick already. Yoongi was persistent to take care of me, bringing me food and asking if I was feeling better. And I was so dishonest to him, I was lying to him. I was hiding such a big chunk of myself from him. But was it worth it? I sighed for what seemed to be the hundredth time this week and sat up on the bed. I quickly washed my face, brushed my teeth, changed into denim shorts and a plain grey T-shirt, and pulled on my backpack. I checked my watch, 4:34 a.m. I rubbed my eyes, still tired and achy, I should leave a note for Yoongi. Walking over to my nightstand I pulled out a post-it and a pen. I kneeled down next to the bed and wrote a quick note,