Chapter 10

Just as I was busy celebrating I noticed the kitten that was waking up in my lap.

'Oh...right, the whole magic thing.' I sighed filled with stress again. The grey kitten stretched and opened it's eyes. I watched as it twisted its tiny head around, examining the room. It's eyes wandered to my face, it yelped and jumped to the end of the bed when it spotted me.

'Whoa, hey its alright I'm not trying to hurt you.' I put my hands up in surrender as the kitten searched my face.

'Where am I!' Despite it's tough words, the kitten's voice was so adorable I couldn't take him seriously.

'Aww! You're so cute! I'm Jisoo, this is a cabin near where I found you up in that tree.' The kitten stayed silent processing my words.

'You're the human who saved me?' I nodded,

''Well yes, but I'm not really a human,' I said. The kitten seemed taken aback that I understood what he said.

'You understand me?' I nodded, briefly explaining all my snowins powers and how it was strange that they were still working on my birthday week. It felt nice to voice my worries, even if it was just with a cat. It was like a large weight was being lifted off my shoulders. After a while the kitten moved to sit in my lap again.

'So kitten, what's your name, and why were you up in a tree?' I scratched his fluffy cheeks waiting for his response.

'My name is Finn. I don't really remember how I got up in a tree, I was probably chasing a chipmunk or something.' I laughed remembering that he was still just a baby.

'Do you have parents?'Finn closed his eyes as I continued to scratch his tiny head.

'No, I'm a lone hunter!' Finn sat up straight to look powerful. I grinned at his adorableness.

My worries slowly disappeared again, I decided the reason my magic was still working was most likely because this was still the first day of the magic free week, so my powers were probably still adjusting. I had taken out my pen laser and was moving the beam back and forth on the bed sheets. I laughed watching Finn chase the red dot around. Bora had come to visit me, but had to leave after a couple of minutes to get back to work. Now it was just me and Finn.

There was a knock on the door before Yoongi stepped in. I smiled at him turning off the pen laser. Finn franticly twisted round and round looking for the light.

'Hey, the photoshoot is over, after they're done packing up all the camera equipment we'll be leaving.' He informed me walking closer to the bed. 'So the cat's awake?' He motioned to Finn who was wrestling with my hand. I laughed and nodded. 'Did you name him?'

'Yeah, his name is Finn. He's a forest warrior!' I exaggerated the last part raising Finn up in the air like the scene from The Lion King. Yoongi laughed making me laugh too. I wiggled Finn in the air, his short legs dangling. We laughed for a good minute before calming down.

Yoongi sat on the other side of the bed next to me. 'So, are you going to keep him?' I had thought about this and talked to Bora about it when she was here. I never had a pet before so I wouldn't hurt anyone in case my powers became out of hand or if the Wisps attacked. But, I had found Finn and I couldn't just abandon a baby kitten in the woods or send him to a shelter, I would never be able to survive the guilt.

'Yeah, I'm gonna keep him, Bora said it was ok if I keep him in her house until I have to leave Seoul.' I saw Yoongi visibly shrink and frown slightly when I mentioned leaving. 'But I mean that's a whole week from now and I'll probably come again next year.' Yoongi smiled slightly making me question if he was actually hoping I didn't leave. 'Um, anyway, tell me about yourself new friend' I said, eager to change the subject. Yoongi smiled, scrunching up his face as he thought of what to say.