Rejection

Adrien's P.O.V.

Going to school was probably the saddest thing to do. Marinette got sick last night because of the rain so she had to stay home. I wished I could be with her right now, but she insisted that I go to school. And she was very persuasive.

Now here I am, in school, pretending to be interested in the lesson. Madame Bustier droned about the history of France and half of was were probably trying to stay awake. I looked at the empty seat beside me. I wish Mari was were.

Finally, the bell rang signaling the end of the period.

"Okay class, be sure to write an essay by next week."

All of us went out but I was bombarded by a blonde hair brat.

"ADRIKINNS!!!!!" She screeched.

I pried her arms off my neck.

"Chloe." I said coldly.

"How are you? I her that Maritrash was sick, not that we care, but I have great news! Daddy got Jagged Stones to perform for his party tonight and he said that since I'm in need for a date, I could ask anyone I want. And that person is you!"

I sighed. This girl will never give up.

"Chloe, do you really think that I'll go with you after you read her diary?! You had the nerve to invade her privacy! Give it up Chloe, I don't love you! I love Marinette, she's my soulmate, and I'm not yours."

She looked shocked and embarrassed." But I love you!"

"And that's my problem how? I don't love you, I love my soulmate."

"But my soulmate left me!"

"And who's fault is that?!"

She winced. " I just wanted you to love me."

"You're just a childhood friend Chlo, that's all you'll be. A friend. I'm not your soulmate, that's Nathaniel-"

"He brought that Chi- something girl to the dance instead of me!"

I sighed and walked to the door." Just remember, he tried to put up with you and you pushed him away. Now, he's far from your reach. He put up with you and took care of you since you were ,unfortunately, his mate."

I heard nothing from behind me so I went out.

With Chloe ~

I wiped the tears that were streaming down my face.

He just rejected me.

Me!!!

He should be lucky that I chose him out of the million people in Paris. But no, he shrugged me off like I was trash. Which I am not! He will be mine. MINE!! I promised her that I'll protect him.

*Flashback*

   I placed the freshly picked flowers into Mrs. Agreste's flower basket. She smiled at me and we continued to pick flowers. This was fun, dad told me that mom left and she won't come back for a while.

I was sad, but Mrs. Agreste was really nice. I really like her. I also have a small crush on her son Adrien. I just know that he'll be my soulmate. Mrs. Agreste stopped picking flowers and looked at me.

"Chloe, dear." She said in a soft tone.

I looked at her with a questioning look." Yes?"

She took of her pin and gave it to me.

"Chloe, Adrien is going to need help in the future and with my condition, I have small time. I just trust that you'll help him until his soulmate comes back."

I shook my head." No need to worry, I'm his soulmate."

She gave me a sad smile." Chloe, I'm sorry, but he already met his soulmate, and I'm sorry honey, but it's not you."

I shook my head." NO! IT IS ME!! It has to be."

She placed a flower above my ear." You'll find your soulmate in time."

I shook my head and ran.

We were near the forest and it was still a bit wet from the rain, but I didn't care. I ran there. I want to get away from her. How dare she say that I'm not Adrikinns mate!

"Chloe! Wait! Ahhhh!"

I stopped and looked back. Mrs. Agreste was next to a rock and she's facing away from me. I went up to her.

"Mrs. Agreste? Are you okay?" I got no answer.

I shook her." Come on, wake up."

I looked around and saw her footprints from the mud. She must've slipped from chasing after me. I shook her hard.

"Wake up!"

No response.

I ran out and shouted for daddy.

"Daddy! Come quick! Mrs. Agreste slipped!"

Daddy came out from the cabin that we were staying in. Mr. Agreste also ran out from his own cabin.

"What happened?"

I pointed to the woods." Mrs. Agreste slipped."

Daddy picked me up and Mr. Agreste ran towards the direction I was pointing.

"Chloe, what happened?" Daddy asked.

" I don't know daddy." I said.

*End of Flashback *

I looked at the pin that I safely hid in my bag. I will protect Adrien. And that's why I have to be his soulmate. I'm only doing this for him. And he had the nerve to reject me?!

Disclaimer: I own nothing. They all go back to their owners and they deserve all the credits.