Fights & Confusion

Chloe's P.O.V.

If you think I'm mad then you are wrong. Mad doesn't even describe what I feel right now. How would you feel if the person who left you came back and wants you back? She was better off away from me and daddy. We could've managed well without her.

At least that what I thought.

I could let her back in....but no.

She really hurt me. Why would she just up and left? She could've come back and check on me once in a while if she and daddy were to have a divorce but no. Not once did she come and check on me. Not once. So excuse me if I'm having a hard time accepting her back.

......

But still......she is my mother.....and she did seem like she regret that she left me. But I don't know. What should I do? What is right from wrong? She told me what I'm doing is hurting everyone yet daddy told me whatever I do is right. That I'm never wrong. Was he right or not?

Maybe I need some fresh air. It might do me some good too.

I grabbed my white clutch and  sunglasses and walked out.

Bad move.

Everywhere I go, I get pointed at and stared. People whispering to each other as I passed by them. Was it something I'm wearing or was it something I did? Hush whispers followed me throughout the day.

'Hey Amira, ain't that Chloe Bourgeois?'

'What's she doing here?'

'Ugh! If she's here, there's bound to be more drama and trouble, as if there wasn't enough already!'

'Bro, what do you think? The rumors true or not?'

'Tch, typical, a spoiled brat who thinks she can get away with everything.'

I ignored them and head the direction of the park. It always calmed me down. It's weird really. The sound of cameras going off from paparazzi that was following me brought me back memories.

From when Adrien and I were still kids. We did one photo shoot together, but I was happy. I got to spend time with a friend of mine. My only friend back then....and now I'm most likely all alone.

No one to depend on.

No one to turn for help.

No one to give me a shoulder to cry on.

Is this how Maritrash- I mean Marinette felt like? When she left for China I mean. She was alienated from her mother's homeland. She was alone but she must've had friends soon. But for a second, is this what she felt like. Being alone for a while?

I looked at my arm.

Another reminder that I lost someone I was supposed to cherish.

What is wrong with me?

With Gabriel~

"I demand you drop this at once Mr. Agreste! It is bad enough my poor daughter has suffered from false accusations from those trashy tabloids but this? I will not stand for this!"

He raised his eyebrow, "Mr. Bourgeois, my request is simple. All I want is your daughter to have therapy, give my family and me a public apology for hiding the true cause of my wife's death and send her to a reformatory school. That's all."

"B-but that would ruin her image!"

"But isn't it already?"

Andrè knew he was fighting a losing game. Gabriel Agreste is a hard man to convince. Once he sets his mind straight, it's hard to change it. And he called his late wife stubborn.

"Isn't there another way? Perhaps-"

Gabriel slammed his fists down on the table, "that or court. And you know as well as I do that my lawyer never lost a case. In his 6 years working, not once. So what will it be?"

Andrè looked hard at the floor. "So be it". He said in clenched teeth. "Just know, I will get you back for this. Mark my words!"

With that, he closed the door with a bang.

'Is it in the Bourgeois blood to be dramatic', thought Gabriel. 'Oh well, better check on Adrien and Marinette, I better be not a grandfather. I'm much too young!'