Wherever You Are (Luke Hemmings Fanfic)

I had been dating Luke Hemmings for four years now. I was right there when he formed 5 Seconds of Summer. We were the best couple some say. They considered us one person. I was tall enough to reach his shoulders, and I had shoulder length brown hair with muddy brown eyes. We went to the same school, and just went from their. I even remember our last day togeather.
*flashback*

It was a cold and windy night, one of the reasons for Luke to hold me close. He lead me up the roof of his house in L.A . He had set up a small picnic, with pizza and lemonade. My favorite. I hugged him close, shivering. We gazed at the stars, and he held me in his arms. It was peaceful. He cut my day dreaming thoughts. "Claire..?" he asked, hesitant. I looked up at his features. His hair was jelled in a quiff, and his blue eyes shown under the stars. "Yeah?" I said, nuzzling into his neck. He seemed frigid. Luke smiled, looking heartbroken. "I have good news," he whispered. I smiled, was it about the band? Were they making it big? "What!" I whispered, excited. He pulled away to look down on me, tears glistining in his eyes. I looked up concerned. "Luke-" but he cut me off. "Claire, 5sos is touring with One Direction," he said, tears falling. I callasped into his arms, crying happy tears. Luke was going to get somewhere, he was following his dreams. I smiled, looking up at him. "Why cry then?" I asked. Luke just gave me sincere eyes, tears falling. "B-because, We leave for eight months. We leave Feburary 23 and come back November 3," he said, finally crying. It took me a full minute to understand him. I would'nt see him for almost a full year. I looked at him, expecting him to say I could go with him, that I would go everywhere on tour with him, but he didnt. "I asked my manager a thousand times, he said only family may come. I tried, i tried. They wont budge," said Luke, leaning into me to cry. I also realized today was Feburary, 22nd. I hunched over him and kissed his silky hair, tears streaming down my cheeks. "Hey! HEY!" I said, forceing Luke to look up at me. He did. "We can do it. Eight months isnt that long. We've made it for four years, we can do another," I say, trying to stop his tears. Luke looked at me with glossy eyes, and nodded, cuddiling me into him. We stayed like that until we fell asleep in each others arms.
************
Present day
I was silently parking the car, squeezing Luke's hand. He looked heart broken, trying to contain his red blotchy eyes. Calum, Michael, and Ashton sat in the back quietly. They knew this was hard on us. We silently walked up to the airport, they dragged their luggage. Calum tried to cheer all us up, but failed. I smiled at him, holding back tears. I was happy Luke was touring, why wouldnt i be? I just hated that I wouldnt see him for eight months. But Luke knew that, and he knew I wouldnt stop his dreams, even if it costed our relationship. I squeezed his hand and smiled, he smiled back with blothchy eyes. As we all checked in I took deep breaths. I was happy. He was going to get big, and hopefully not forget me. As we neared the terminal, Michael grabbed me in a huge hug. I hugged back, tears escaping. He pulled back, smileing. He didnt say bye because that meant forever. "Goodnight, Claire," said Michael, walking away. Calum and Ashton did the same, tears spilling down. I walked up slowly to Luke, tears falling down my face. He was crying too. He grabbed me in a tight embrace, burying his head into my neck. I did the same, messing up his beanie, causing him to laugh. I did this when we first met. We pulled away, both crying. "See? Smile," I said, attempting a smile. He did the same. "Same goes for you," he said, leaning down to kiss me gently. This kiss was filled with need and hunger, loneliness and hurt. It made me cry more. "We will see each other someday," I said, smileing through tears. Luke nodded, and hugged me again. Our last hug for eight months. "American Airlines is boarding now," came over the intercom. Calum looked at Luke, they had to go. I kissed Luke one last
time, and pulled away. "Goodnight Luke," I said. "Goodnight Claire," he said back. I took a mental picture of him then, in his Nirvana shirt and black jeans. His beanie. His jelled blonde hair and blue eyes. This is the Luke I would remember. Always. Luke turned and walked to the plane, thats when I erupted with tears. I hugged myself and whispered 'Luke' but the plane door closed. He was gone.

Luke's POV
Turning to leave into that Airplane was the hardest thing I have done. I hated not having Claire by my side, watching my dreams come true. I knew that deep down, we had to say goodbye. And I knew that Claire would let me go, and suffer the pain, so I was happy. I would do the same.
I took my seat and put up my luggage, pushing it in a little to hard. Tears
swelled down my face, causing my vision to go blurry. I sat down abruptly, sighing. Eight months. Only Eight.

Claire POV
After I watched the plane take off through the window, I sighed and wiped the tears. This was all for him, so he could go where he always dreamed. As I walked out of the Airport, I checked my phone to see a message from Luke. He must of sent it before the plane took off. It read "I'll be thinking of you, wherever you are. No matter how far I am, your in my heart <3" I erupted into more tears, collapsing against my car. I slide down onto the gravel, sobbing uncontrolably. After it passed, I got in my car and blared "Beside You" by Luke's band, 5 Seconds of Summer. I cried happy tears, sad tears, a mixture of all the two. As soon as I entered our house (Luke's and myn) I passed out on our bed, and I grabbed his penguin pillow, which held his scent. Taped on it was a note. I detached it and it read Love you always Claire. Your always mine ~ Luke :)
With that I hugged his pillow to me and cried. Softly falling asleep, dreaming Luke was beside me.
*Flashback*
Luke was chaseing after me, and I ran away, giggiling. I smelt fresh grass and Mint, Luke's scent. He caught me in a tight embrace, wrapping me into the smell of mint. I was shivering, but now that Luke was there, I was warm. I smiled, turning to kiss his cheek. Luke turned me around and held me by my waist, kissing me. He bit my lip, teasing me. I laughed, pulling away to take his beanie. He gave me a cheeky grin, exposing his dimples. "Why the beanie?" He asked, kissing me again. I twisted out of his grip, running again. I headed out full speed, but then feel over my own feet. Luke tumbeled on me, laughing, and snatching back his beanie. He got up to run, it was my turn to chase after him. I got up and chased him...

*Luke's POV*

We still had three hours until we reached London, and by then I had already drank my third beer. The plane we were on gladly gave them to me, since I was in 5 Seconds of Summer. That and my manager paid for them for me. None of the other boys said anything, they just jammed to the music through the portable tv installed in the headrest. My mind became hazy, and images began to blur, but I still saw her. Claire. I wasnt trying to forget her, but I wanted to forget the pain right now. I hated the fact she wasnt here. I sipped my fourth beer slowly, letting it burn down my throat. I sat it down, and saw her face once again. Her shoulder length brown hair, her muddy brown eyes. The one dimple in her left cheek, her laugh. I felt tears fall but let them. Falling asleep to her face.

What do you guys think?? If it sucks, let me know! Comment, Rate, No hurtfull comments please!!! Ill write more If I atleast get two comments! Thanks heaps!