ch7

ch7

Late that night i look out at the dark sea letting the calming sound of the waves take over my thoughts. He doesn't love her, he would never hurt me like that. Not after all we've been through. I think about the way he saved me from john the way he looked at me when he first saw the bruises that had colored my body. His reaction when i found out i was pregnant and how even if it might not be his he cares for him like his own. He would never jeopardize that for angelica. Right.

"Darling why don't you come to bed.... It's been a long day" jack says coming up behind me a jump a little at his touch from surprise. It may have ban five years since john's death but there is still a slight fear deep inside me. I nod and walk down to are room once there i open the door connected to ethan's room to make sure he's asleep. I smile a little at the sight of my beautiful child.

"I put him down a while a go" jack state siting on the edge of the bed the deep red comfiture shining a little in the dim light from the lamp. I nod and slip into bed with my back facing him. He crawls under the covers wrapping his strong arm around me.

"You're not mad are you love" he whispers softly kissing my exposed neck. I turn to face him.

"I don't trust her jack... and i don't trust her with you" i say honestly i look away from him. The thought of him being with another woman scares me to death. What if he left me for her we have a child how would we live. A small tear runs down my face. He gently grabs my chin forcing me to look at him.

"Mary you have nothing to worry about. Angelica is in the past" he say wiping a tear from my chek

"I think she's still in love with you" i reply he raises and eyebrow at me in surprise. God how can men be so blind sometimes.

"She's not in love with me pet she's trying to use me.... It's always worked for her in the past" he says calmly. I grit my teeth when he says it's worked before. But maybe he's right about her not loving him.

"What's to say it won't work again" i ask honestly he is a pirate after all it's not like there know for being faithful.

" well i never really minded before she got what she wanted and i got what i wanted. But now well i have something much more better" he say taking the opportunity to kiss my parted lips. I laugh a little at his bad english

"Did you ever love her" i ask seriously i hold my breath a little as he thinks about what he'll say next.

"Love isn't the word i would use attracted maybe but that was so long ago i haven't seen her since.." i trails off shaking his head at some distant memory.

"Since when" i press i need to know as much about her as i can.

"Since the fountain.. After that i left her on an island" he says my eyes widen in shock i never could imagine how he could leave someone there to die someone he cared about. I've heard the stories of the fountain barbarossa killed blackbeard and instead of saving his life jack saved angelicals but the why would he leave her stranded..

"why ... why would you leave her" i ask bopping my head up on my hand as i stare at him.

"She wanted to kill me i knew the east india trading company would make there way there eventually i just needed a head start." he explains. I nod understanding more. Angelica was right jack can't kill her. I sigh and move to lay on my back.

"You care for her" i state. It's not a question it's a statement, a fact. A fact that deeply bothers me.

" i did years ago before i meet you" he whispers moving closer to my ear. His deep voice sending shivers up my spine.

"If she threatens them in anyway i'll end her" i state not looking at him he sighs in defeat kissing me on top of my head.

"I would expect nothing less love" he says light heartedly. He wraps his arms around me and i fall into a fitful sleep.

" you should have stayed with me marry" a deep voice says i'm standing in my old garden under the oak tree i loved so much i turn and see john standing by the door a smirk on his face.

"You weren't good man john you never loved me" i yell out he shakes his head laughing. Leaves start to fall from the oak tree and land on my face.

"You're wrong" he calls out pointinting behind me look over my shoulder and see jack with his back facing me. I walk closer and see his arms wrapped around angelica as he kisses her. I try and scream but nothing comes out. She runs his hands through her thick dark hair and his hands traveled along her body.

"Jack no.. nooooo jack why" i cry out falling to the ground sobbing.

"Mary.. mary love wake up" i hear jack's voice call to me i shoot up in bed realizing it was all a dream. I try to steady my heavy breathing jack holds me in his arms as i cry.

"It was so real" i whisper shaking at the memory. I haven't had a night terror like that for at least a year. I sigh and lay back down on the bed.

"Want to talk about it" jack asks moving the hair from my neck and kissing it i close my eyes tight and breathe out.

"Not yet ill tell you tomorrow" i whisper i don't really want to tell him i had i dream that he cheated on me. He wraps his arm around me and i try to relax and go back to sleep.