ch21

Ch21 Mary's POV

I am dragged through a series of corridors and hallways i look around trying my best to memorise my way around i kik and struggle against the guards that hold me but it's no use the chief leads the way ahead of us. We come to a large dark wooden door with a brass handle he takes a key from a pocket inside his cote and opens it.i am then pushed into the room the cold blue stone walls are lit by a large oil lamp i see a big bed covered in silk blur sheets.

"Here you are my solstice" the chief says he nods dismissing the guards who bow to him then leave closing the door behind him.

"Why are you doing this" i ask not letting fear show in my voice i put a steady amount of distance between us slowly. He stays there unmoving for a moment.

"Because you are the solstices you will raise the forgotten soles from the dead to create an army upon the sacrifice" he says simply he must be crazy i'm not magical and i'm definitely not fulfilling any proficy. I look around for anyway of escape but find nothing off hand.

"Sacrifice" i ask curious and scared at the same time.

"The blood and death of the pirate lord must be shed in order for the solstice to free the solus then her and the chief of the land rule on for eternity" he explains and my heart stops death of the pirate lord of jack.

"You're wrong i'm not solstices" i say gesturing to myself i'm an ordinary girl and the thought of jack being kilt and what about my baby.

"But you are and just as i am chief and king of this land you shall be my queen" he says in a low voice that makes me cringe. Marry him and rule with him. Over my dead body i have fought to hard and too long to end up like this.

"Never"i say in a raised voice he just looks as me and raises an eyebrow

"Ah but solstis you forget it is either that or the death of crew including the the ones still on your ship" he states and my eyes widen in shock.

"What do you mean" i ask trying to keep calm not giving anything away. He comes closer to me.

"The men and women on the ship and the young child" he whispers in my ere then walk out i jump as the door slams shut and the key turns. I stare at the place where he was for a moment the sit at the edge of the bed. I slowly turn around in the room looking for anything i can use. There are no windows since we're in a cave. I go and try to pick the lock but it dosnt work i need something smaller then i think i could manage it. It doesn't matter even if i escape i could never move that boldor that keeps jack and the crew locked away. I start to pase thinking of anything i can do to get them out. And only one thing comes to mind. Play the part.

"Hey heyyyyyy hello anybody" i yell knocking on the door until i hear the lock turn the chief king man opeans it and looks at me exponentially.

"Well" he says after a moment of silence his cold gray eyes piercing mine. I gulp and take a deep breath.

"I'll do what you with the ritual on one condition" i state watching his reaction closely he thinks thoughtfully for a moment then nods for me to continue.

"The rest of the crew beside me and jack goes free with out harm with food and rations tonight" i say putting my hands on my hips confidently . he looks at me and smile as a small chuckle escapes his lips. I tap my foot waiting for a reply.

"Im sorry my dear but it simply isn't done no one is going anywhere tonight and the moment we let your men go they'll come back with twice their numbers i'm not a fool" he says and i know he's right i just was hoping he would overlook that fact.

"They wouldn't come back there pirats their next course of action would be to run as fast as they can" i say trying to convince him and it's true in some sense but gibbs leave us here.

"I'll give you this after the ceremony i will let your men go unharmed and with enough food to get back to their ship if you comply" he say i sut my eyes tight for a moment taking it all in even if they come back for me jack would already be dead.

"Fine... when is the ceremony going to happen" i ask wondering how many days i have to think of a better plan.

"In two days time at sunset" he replies i simply nod my head as i sit back down on the bed .

"Tell then my queen" he says taking my hand and kissing it i cringe a little but don't pull away he leaves locking the door behind him. I feel mentally and emotionally drained as i lay back on the bed.

"Jack" i whisper his name into the air as if he can here me. I want to cry but no tears come. Two days. Two days to come up with a better plan. I roll onto my side and drift off into a fitful sleep.