ch31

ch31

Two days have passed and we stayed held up in the little inn. We've repeated the treatment as the doctor had told us. We haven't seen much change except his breathing it was shallow and rigged but it seems to be a bit stronger. That's something at least.

"I don't know how much longer we can stay here" jack says looking out of the small window at the streets. He's been a bit paranoid as of this morning. Afraid the british have caught up to us.

"Well what are we supposed to do we very well take him back on the ship that could just make things worse" i say raising my voice slightly. I don't want to do anything to change his condition.

"We've been here three days going on four we can't risk staying in one place for that long mary" he says turning from the window facing the window. And i gape at him.

"We can't risk losing our son that's what we can't risk" it says annoyed as i walk up to him emphasizing the word our. Sometimes i wonder if he even cares, i know he does deep down but still.

"And what good are we to him if were hund you no we can't stay in one place for very long" he replied harshly and it's true but we haven't run into any trouble yet i just want to wait it out as best i can.

"We stayed in costa rica for eight days, singapore for two weeks" i started getting even more angry. I know hes trying to do what's best but he's being paranoid for no good reason. I doubt the navy would have tracked us here. We lost them in all that bloody time we were trapped on that cursed island.

"Yes but these aren't places ruled by a king who has a vendetta against pirates, the second the navy learns we're here we're goners" he says and starts pacing the room i just don't want to risk leaving and ethen getting worse.

"Ethen can be out on see right now he needs to be in a stable environment" i yell and jack rolls his eyes at me. I place my hands on my hips.

"Don't you think i know that but we can only waste so much..." he retorts before i cut him off.

"A waist you think looking out for the best interest of your son is a waist. Don't you care at all" i challenge him losing my temper.

"How can you even say that i .." jack starts looking a bit hurt when All of a sudden i hear a coughing sound and i look to see ethen sture on the bed me and jack both rush to his side.

"Ethen love, come back to us baby" i whisper moving the hair from his face i start to cry wiping the tears from my wace i look at jack.

"Come on lad" jack says encouragingly ethen opens his eyes and looks up at me and jack confused and dazed for a moment.

"Mummy daddy" he says his voice a little scratchy i laugh and smile a bit so happy to hear his voice i pull in into my arms kissing the top of his head.

"Oh my precious boy my sweet strong boy" i whisper not letting go. Jack comes around and hugged the both of us i see a small tear form in his eye and drop.

"I'm sorry, i love you" i mouth to jack

"Me to love" he whispers running a hand through ethens soft hair. Ethen looks up at me and jack and ground.

"Why are you sad" he asks up he faces me and puts his little hand to my cheek. I laugh a little and wipe a tear.

"There aren't sad tears baby" i whisper kissing jack on the cheek i'm just so thankful athens ok i don't know what i would do without him. There truly is nothing like a mother's love.

" so there happy tears" he asks and i nod and he smiles. After a moment ethen starts to yawn we give him more medicine and we all fall asleep in the single bed in the room. I wake up to the sound of a large carriage being drawn i get up and walk to the window still in yesterday's closes.

"Shit" jack mumbles coming up behind me as a group of navy soldiers come walking to the door of the inn. I wake them up and we gather the few things we have and climb out the window we quickly make our way around the front of the bill down and into the crowded streets.

"Stop right there you" isildur says i turn back and look at him he blows a loud whistle with a high pitched squeal to it drawing all attention to us. Jack grabs ethen and we start to rundown the streets twords the ship.

"If you say i told you so i will hurt you" i say to jack slightly out of vreth as we try our best to out run the gards.

"Who me... never" he responds and i rool my eyes we turn down an allyway and hide as the gards all run past us.

"That should do it" jack whispers and we make are way towards the docks carefully i take ethen from jack as we walk along the peer till we see the ship.

"Your back you had me worried for a moment caption" gibbs stated slapping jack on the back jack smiles slightly.

"Yes well i was worried myself for a minute so lets hike out of here and fast" jack replys taking out his compass looking at it.

" hay lets get are sorry arses out of here" hibbs yells to the crew and i make a grunting noise and nod my head at ethen.

"Sorry" he says putting his hands to gether apoligitly. Bloody pirates