ch23

Ch 23

I stand in front of the mirror and look at my reflection, my eyes look dull yet angry and my skin looks pale and gray in the dim light. Funny this will be my third wedding. Who has three weddings. First jonah vrule abusive man, then jack loving and playful, and now the chief of some diluted tribe. I splash my face with cold water from a basion. I don't want to go through with this but i have to is i don't thell kill all the crew and ethen along with me and jack. Unless jack has a plan jack will die and i will wed the chief and raise apparent soles from the dead. Great just great. A few tears run down my face as i think about then killing jack, does he even know. I turn when i hear a knock on the door.

"Mary it sarah" she calls and i open the door her disheveled hair is tied back today for they occasion in her hands.she holds a large amount of fabric that i can only assume is the dress. I let her in and she sets it on the chair in the corner.

"Her i brought you this.. " sarah stated handing me something wrapped in fabric, i open it to see it a scharp fabric scissors.

"If worst comes to worst" she explains and i nod she holds out the dress and i go back to the bathroom to put it on its beutifull, a dark gray at the top with black lace that fades to a cream white color at the bottom . the strapless dress hugs to my waist then poofs out at my hips, a dress i would love to be wearing if it wasn't for today. I step out of the room and sarah gasps.

"You look beautiful" she whispers as she comes behind me and fusses with the dress.

"You're a very talented seamstress" i say honestly and it's true she steps back and i do a little twirl the dress is surprisingly light and easy to move in for so much material i look on the side of the dress and see a hidden pocket i look at sarah and she smiles cleverly i slip the cord in .and start to pull up my hair into a simple bun. I put on the flat white shoes left for me the night before i was hoping i could wear my boots but that's wishful thinking.

"I wanted to make it more traditional but gray and black are the custom here" she states and turns as there's another knock at the door she opens it to reveal Languor standing there.

"You are dismissed" he says to sarah who glares at him and leaves he stands in the doorway looking at me silent taking in every inch of my body.

"You look lovely my bride" he says i notice his long dress robes of a similar color and take a deep breath .He leads me down a hall into the great big room where we first saw angelica. I wonder wear the rest of the crew is if they haven't already taken the ship and left there hiding on this godforsaken island . we are the first to arrive and are walked to two stone chairs in the corner of the room and we sit.

"Remember our deal" languor whisper into my are and i look up from the floor to see jack being dragged in and tied to a chair i run to him.

"Jack" i call out once i get to him

"Mary whats going on" he whispers as i hug him i can't stop the tears from coming as i kneel beside him.

"I have to marry him and you...... he going to" i start to sob not being able to finish my sentence. My hands feel cold and clammy at the thought.

"What mary" he asks concern filling his deep voice i know we have only moments left before i am taken away.

" you will be sacrificed.... If i recite in anyway the crew will be killed including those on the ship" i whisper putting my head in my hands

"Ethen" jack mumbles and then nods in understanding he struggles against the ropes to no avail i see lengua watching from the chairs but i do nothing to help him.

" you don't have an escape plan do u love" he asks and i shake my head sadly i slowly take the scissors out of my dress so no one can see i break them in to.

"No matter what happens i love you" it honestly but loud enough for laguro to here i lean forward and hug jack slipping half the scores into his tied hand i kiss him for a moment wanting to remember him for ever if this doesn't work out.

"And i you" he say and a guard walks over escorting me back across the room i wipe my tear stained face as i sit back down in the cold stone chair. I proceed to glare at the ground as people start to come in and gather around once every one is there the room goes quiet and Languor stands

"My people today we free the sulcus so she can free the lost souls of the land and bring forth the army of our people" he yells and the crowd cheers it goes quiet and the same priest who tried to kill angelica appears from the crowd with a bottle of blue liquid that i desperately wish was rum he hands it to the supposed king.

" the elixir of the skies paired with the blood of the pirate lord shall rake the bonds holding the solstice... let us free her" he says again grabbing my hand and pulling me from the chair the people start to chant and a path is formed between me and the chair were jack is tied a small part of me was hoping he could have untied himself but with his hands bound it takes to long. I look sadly at him wishing i could say how much i love him. Wishing i could say how much i could enjoy these last couple years with him. The priest walks through the empty path towards jack who is moving ever so slightly which i can only assume is him trying to free himself. I look out of the corner of my eye and see sarah leaning against the wall we make eye contact and she points to a path in the cave and i nod ever so slightly knowing that is the way out. The priest gabs a jeweled dagger from the table and holds it up.

"Jack" i whisper as tears run down my face i can see him make out the words i love you.

" in the earth we are born to the earth we shall return" the priest says and the tribe people repeat in the language he then takes a bole and walks behind jack he holds the knife to his throat ready to cut when there's a loud noise.