ch24

Ch24 Jack's POV

" dam it how long do they plan to keep us in this hell whole" gibbs grunts i here i rock being thrown in the darkness. I put my head in my hands and groan inwardly.

"You don't think they'd leave us here to starve do you" hugo asks in a small voice poor boy is practically a kid. I fell a bit bad that i got them all into this but then again this is the life they chose.

" i think the would have killed us already if they were going to" fred mumbles at least we're not alone i went almost crazy when i was by myself in the locker all those years ago. All by yourself with nothing to do no one to talk to. It does things to a person's mind.

"Unless there waiting for something" i reply standing up from the ground i make my way to the bolder holding us in and i can see just the faintest bit of light.

"What are you waiting for ya bleeding cockroaches" i yell slapping my palm on the nock making a sharp noise fill the air.

"It no use jack we've tried moving it" gibbs states a small sadness filling his voice it can't really be the end can it. They had us in here two bloody days. I think it's hard for one to keep track of time and god knows what that chief has done to my mary.

"But they got her" i say leaning my head on the cold stone.

" i know jack" is all gibbs can say. I just want to hold her in my arms she can take care of herself but god knows what they'll do to her.

"Mary" i whisper her name softly as i shake my head in the dark i hope she's ok god only know what rituals the have. I believe in magic i've seen a thing or two in my day from the fountain to the locker but lost soles from an ordinary women. It's a stretch. I would also like to know what part i play in this pervain ritual i didn't drink that so called cleansing water for nothing. The boldor starts to move and a group of strong tribal men stand there with the present two of them come and grab me taking me out of the cave.

"Can they come too" i ask before they start to move the boldor back one of the men just glares at me and i squint my eyes trying to adjust to the light.

"Worth a try" i mumble as i am pulled through the cave to the large room where we first came in i am tied to a comfortable stone chair.

"Jack" i hear a voice call and i see mary run towards me. I notice her in a fancy dress gown matched with the chief who is sitting on a throne at the other end of the room.

"Mary whats going on" i whisper not knowing how much time we have to talk she starts to cry and i want nothing more than to hold her and wipe her tears but my hands are bound behind my back preventing me from moving.

"I have to marry him and you...... he going to" she says but breaks out in sobs before she can finish. I clench my fits at the thought of him forcing her to marry him. I look around to see if i can improvise a way out but nothing comes to mind.

"What mary" i ask wanting to know as much information as i can to be prepared. I look to see no one is stopping her from talking to me which i find odd and shouldn't she be trying to free meat this point.

" you will be sacrificed.... If i try to stop him in anyway the crew will be killed including those on the ship" she says quietly putting her head in her hands and i go a bit pail. I sacrifice i guess it only makes sense to get rid of the threat of someone trying to save her and the rest of the crew on the ship i think for a moment.

"Ethen"i whisper and i nod my head. There's only a few people on the ship they couldn't defend themselves at all against these men there far to strong and large for such a small group and if they got there hands on my son

" you don't have an escape plan do u love" i ask she shakes her head and moves her hand down her dress i look at her confused. If nothing else ethen will be safe if the chief keeps his deal.

"No matter what happens i love you" she says i bit loud and hugs me i feel something cold and hard tip into my hand and i fell a sharp edge dig into my palm ever so slightly .

"And i you" i reply. And it's true a guard takes mary back to sit next to Languor i proceed to turn the knife in my hand to cut the rope it's a slow process but i managed to get a halfway decent angle and work at it slowly as to not draw any attention from the crowd of people who have started to fill the room.

"My people today we free the sulcus so she can free the lost souls of the land and bring forth the army of our people" Languor yells. I've seen people like him before charismatic and manipulative they can get anyone to do anything they want. They often leed their people to ruien.

" the elixir of the skies paired with the blood of the pirate lord shall rake the bonds holding the solstice... let us free her" he continues. I grunt as i struggle with the damn ropes no one pays me any attention. I look up and see him grab mary and pull her to her feet even the sight of him touching her makes me grit my teeth. I see the look in mary's eyes and it makes me want to hold her she looks mad and yet defeated at the same time. She's stubborn and doesn't give up easily but over the years i'm sure she's tired of fighting. All i want to do is hold her and sail away on our ship. That's the funny thing about love i guess nothing is ever yours. It's not my ship anymore it's ours. Me mary and ethan. I wonder what ethen is doing or thinking right now if i die will he remember me. I'm glad i gave him my hairpiece something for him to remember me by. If only he wasn't so young he could run the crew at a time like this.

"Jack" i see mary say although i can't hear her i can tell shes crying. She looks so beautiful in her dress. The priest comes towards me he grabs i knife from the table and comes close to me my heart rate quickens

" in the earth we are born to the earth we shall return" the priest says and all the people chant in another language. He draws the knife closer to my neck and i take a deep breath thinking this is the end. I take one last look at at mary and close my eyes when i here a b ang.