ch12

Ch12

"Tend the masses you blithering idiots" jack yells and the crew disperses there's a raging storm and the sea is turning about. I help the crew doing what i can. I told ethen to stay in his room till i tell him. Storms like these are afoul the ship moving so much could easily throw him overboard. Water washes over me soaking my to the bone.

"Jack" i yell over the sound of the storm coming close to him. I always wonder if this will be the last storme. You never know you could die at any minute.

"She'll hold out love" he says keeping both hands at the weal. I nod going downstairs to check on ethen. I take one look back at jack. Things have been acquired since the fight i think itss something we need to work through but it'll be better after angelica leaves. I open the door to ethan's room and see him hiding under his covers.

"Don't be scared dear" i say sitting on the edge as i rub his back.

"I don't like the storms mummy" he says in a high voice he climbs into my lap through in his arms around my neck as i strok his hair soothingly.

"What me to sing you a song" i whisper into his hair he nods.

"Lavender's blue dilly dilly lavenders green. When i am king dilly dilly you shall be king" i sing the familiar song my mother sang that to me when i was little i miss them so much i wonder if they've heard the stories about me. I wonder if they heard about john and what he did to me. Maybe one day we can go back there and see then.

"I'll be back dear i have to go back upstairs' i say ethen nods and crawls out of my lap back into his bed i leave closing the door and walking up stairs.

"We need more sails" jack yells a young crew member tries climbing to release more sails but slips and falls. I grab onto the rope and climb up the cold rain stinging my face like bullets as the hit me. I get to the top and untie the sails making the ship slow down a bit. I slide down landing on my steeled toed shoes. I see angelica on the sides with a annoyed and slightly impressed look on her face. All of a sudden a giant wave crashes over the ship i hear a scream and see angelica hanging on the edge trying not to fall into the stormy sea.

"Help i hear her scream as i run to the side. Part of my would love to just let her fall and be lost to the sea forever. But i can i dees to keep my son safe.

"Grab my hand" i yell over all the noise no one notices us there she gives me a look not trusting me.

" he never did anything with me the other night i just want you to know that. He didn't cheat" she says i nod my head stretching my hand out wanting her to grab it before she dies. She gives me another look.

"If i were going to kill you i could have done it already come on" i say getting irritated she reaches up and grabs my hand she slips a little and her long nails scratch the back of my hand.

"Come on" i grunt pulling as hard as i can she gets a foot on the side and hoist herself up. Once there she leans against the railing taking deep breaths were both socked and and i start to shiver.

"Thank you" she breaths out i nod and get back to pulling the ropes. Not long after the storm clears up and a bright sunny sky appears. Jack comes over and puts his hand around my waist as we look at the sky. He then turns to face me he moves a piece of my wet hair out of my face and gently kisses my lips.

"Land " gibbs calls out in the distance you can see a small port in the distance in a storm like that one you never know where you'll end up. I smile at jack feeling a renewed sense of hope.

"We made it love" he says a smile playing across his lips smile two and see angelica sitting in the corner by herself. I walkover and sit next to her in to good a mood to be mad at her.

"You saved me... i thought you were going to let me drown" she says not looking at me as she stare out into the sea.

"Believe me dear i thought about it" i reply she scoffs and laughs ever so slightly.

"But i need this... for my son" i say looking at jack he comes up from the stares holding ethen on his shoulder in the bright sun light.

"It might take us longer than i thought who know where we ended up now" she says bitterly moving her dark hair out of her face.

"I meant what i said we never did anything he was just trying to get the location out of me" she saws and she looks longingly over at jack and ethan as he plays with him i turn and look at her i fell a bit sorry for her.

"Did you ever want kids" i ask she shrugs her shoulders leaning back a little.

" never had the right man not that i needed one" she replied thoughtfully. I nod, some people shouldnt be parents. I would have died if john had tried to raise the. I stand up in shock as we near the port i recognize it immediately. Its home.

"Jack" i call out he looks up at me reading the shock on my face he tilts his head confused and walks to me.

"What is it pet" he says a bit concerned i point to the docks that are almost fully in sight. I haven't seen this place in years. My old home. It feels odd coming back here i'm not the same person i was all those years ago when i left.

"You'll be wanting to disguise yourself " jack lays putting his hand around me he leads me down to are room he shuts the door behind me as i let out a shaky breath. Surely the navy will recognize us . i nod and grab a dark purple shirt with a black corset i put my hair up in a bun then put a big hat on top. Jacks nods and we head back above. Once were docked we leave the ship me jack and ethen walk hand and hand ashore

"Where are we mummy" ethen asks looking around at the town i see lots of vender selling stuff but so far i don't see anyone i know.

"This is where i grew up" i say softly ethen looks around in wonder.

"Jack... i want to see my patients" i say stopping in the tracks i few people stop and look at us so we keep moving. There big puffy white clouds in the sky and the sun is beating down on us.

"Alright it'll take the crew time to restock" jack replies i squeeze his and a little. We take a carriage ten minutes or so out of town. Once there i grab ethen out of the cart and grab jack's hand as we walk to the house. Its and old wood cottage type of place small but cute. I wonder what they'd heard. I wonder what they think.

"Are you sure you want to be doing this love" jack asks concern filling his handsome face i don't look at him as i stare straight ahead at the house. I nod and step forward carrying ethen on my hip and nock.

"Hello" says my mom she looks at jack and ethan a little confused not recognizing me i lift my head up and she gasps.

"Hi mom" i whisper she stares at my the only expression i can read on her face is shock i can't tell if she's happy to see me or not.

" who's at the door i'm still waiting for my...... mary" my dad says as he comes to the door i see a tear run down my mom's face as she looks at the three of us she then leaps forward and hugs me i hold her with my free arm still having eaten in the other. I the hug my dad as he buries his head in my hair. My mom's the starts looking around outside.

"Let's get inside" she says in an almost whisper. And we all walk inside.