15. respectful conversations

Favourite movie

Favourite movie.

S O R E N

I pinned Jay up against the lockers as soon as the teacher exited the hall. Holding onto the collar of her shirt I forced her backwards, and listened to the bang as her back hit the hard metal.

I put my hands on either side of her head and leant down menacingly, my rough breathing fanning her face. I watched her look into my eyes as she flicked between them both.

"You fucking little shit." I hissed at her, our faces close together while I glared into her wide brown eyes, "You fucking lied to me."

"Soren—" Jay tried to speak, but I interrupted her.

"No, shut up you little whor—"

Jay slapped me hard enough that my head turned from impact, the sound echoing in the empty hall.

"Don't you ever speak to me like—" she stopped when I grabbed the collar of her shirt and pulled her forward before bashing her back into the wall.

"I should break your nose right here, right now." I growled in her face, watching her bite her lip in either fear or nervousness, "You were meant to be, you were meant to be..."

I watched as her eyes grew watery from the pain in her back and shoulders, her lip quiver and her hands shook. My clenched fist released  her shirt and I took a step away, breathing roughly.

"You were meant to the only person who didn't lie to me—" To my own surprise my voice cracked from emotion, I turned away and ran my shaking hands through my hair.

Jay was quiet for a moment, too scared to move, "I didn't know you when I said it—"

"So where's your mother Jay? Where's your fucking mom?" I spat at her, watching as she lowered her head.

"Don't yell..." she whispered, looking into my eyes with such fear that I felt a stab of guilt.

I sighed, "Are you hurt?"

She shook her head taking a step towards me confidently, although I didn't fail to notice her shaking finger tips, "Colin said you'd never hurt me, but I guess he was wrong."

It seemed like Jay walked out of my life that day. She wasn't coming back, she had no reason to come back. There was nothing but a heartless, aggressive boy to come back to.

Something no one, not even the kindness in Jay's heart, could love.

I would say I wanted to run after her, tell her I'm sorry. Jay was too good for someone like me, we both knew it. Fuck, everyone knew it.

"Jay..." I found myself whispering as I watched her walk down the hall and out of sight, "Come back."