42. Bricks (Part 2)

In this chapter there is song, again this makes it incredibly better, by my opinion anyways

Hope you listen to it and enjoy! (Song: hold each other by a great Big world)

J A Y

Fiona McKinin was in full panic when Soren wasn't in his room or in any part of the house. Colin was calling him but the phone was disconnected, Robin was pacing and Albert sat calmingly in the corner, his eyes trailing my movements.

"Anyone know a secret spot that he goes?" Robin asked, running his hand through his dirty blonde hair, Alexander standing next to him.

Fiona was in tears, "I told him, I told him--"

"Oh shut up women." Albert's voice boomed across the kitchen area as he stalked towards his shaking wife, "He's been gone before, he'll be okay. Stop stressing."

"But-but, it's cold outside. He has a chest infection--" She began to her hug herself, rocking ever so slightly. Albert noticed this too and surprisingly put a hand around his wife, reassuring her once more.

"Jay-- It's Jay, right?" Albert spoke directly, his blue eyes staring at me calmly and I nodded, "You know him better than--us. Where would he go?"

I swallowed hard and looked around at the group of people who cared for a boy that weeks ago thought he would die unnoticed.

"Colin, I'll give you the address to a man. His name is Buck. Robin check the rose garden across the road." They nodded as I talked, brows creased in focus as I spilt Soren's secret's out one by one.

"Where are you going?" Fiona snuffled through tears, looking at me with desperation.

She seemed to not have noticed all these years that Soren was as close as death that he was now. As if a doctor's certificate forced her to worry, allowed her to worry.

People don't have to have a tube stuck in their wrist to be on the verge of death.

"Where he goes to clear his head."

-

My feet were frozen as I trudge across the road, not wearing completely waterproof shoes and soggy snow don't work well. Cars buzzed past in a flurry of metal, unaware of the small crate in the boxing buildings front door.

Soren was close enough to Fleck to have a key to the building, of course it was meant to be shut today.

Running across the road, I held my beanie to my head as the wind fought like a spoilt toddler to take it in its grasp.

Pulling my coat tighter around my body, I took a deep breath and pushed the door opened which resulted in a cringe worthy creak, echoing the empty building like a distant memory.

Silence thundered in my ears louder than a one direction concert, torturing me with the high pitched ringing.

Soren stood in the middle of the building in the boxing ring.

His gloved hands hung limply by his boxing shorts, bare chest dripping with sweat, head tilted to the ground as visible white headphones pounded music into his ears.

Though, his chest wasn't heaving meaning he had stopped punching a while ago. He had just been standing there.

I dropped my bag to ground and walked slowly towards him, unsure whether to call out or if he'd even hear me. Climbing into the ring, I walked slowly to him as sweat gleamed in the high beamed lights.

My fingertip touched his shoulder slightly and before I could react he had spun around, put a rough hand on my shoulder and pulled back his fist. Blue eyes stared fiercely into mine, my heart beating faster than my racing mind.

Soren looked angry, but as he stared longer into my obviously frightened eyes his brow slowly smoothed, his hand lowered.

"Soren..." Cursing myself for how weak I sounded, I watched him carefully as he flicked between my eyes.

Seconds passed, years passed and my heart sank until there was nothing left, until it swallowed by black, unforgiving darkness.

The corner of Soren's mouth twitched upwards and he breathlessly breathed, "Hey, Jay."

I don't know what came over me, I just threw my hands around his neck and pulled him into a hug. He was frozen from a moment before his arms hesitantly at first touched my back, before he held me into him.

He reached up and pulled headphone from his ear and put it into my ear.

"Ironic." He breathed.

'I was trapped inside a dream
I couldn't see her next to me
I didn't know she'd set me free'

Soren and I swayed together in the boxing ring, my head on his chest and his chin on my head, sharing headphones.

"Something happens when I hold her. She keeps my heart from getting older. When the days get short and the nights get a little bit colder," His voice a barely even a whisper, as our feet moved in time.

Colin peered inside the door and saw his brother in complete happiness, holding a girl with golden skin.

I swayed with Soren, eyes closed. Unknowing that Colin had swallowed hard, watched for a moment before exiting quietly from something he wasn't meant to see. Something he wasn't meant to have.

-
I know a lot of you have voted for HTPSM in TheCrystalCommunity  but we might not win!

Someone is hot on our trail, two more days to vote. 50 times!!! HOPE YOU SUPPORT US!