31. his reasons

[unedited]S O R E N

[unedited]
S O R E N

"Jay, don't move." I whispered standing up slowly, moving my body in front of her, "Buck, buddy--" the bullet penetrated the wall a few feet away from my head.

His eyes were glaring dangerously at Jay who was peering over my shoulder, her hand gently clinging onto mine, shaking ever so slightly. Bucks breath was heavy and every muscles in his hands twitched uncomfortably.

"Sh-She--" his face twisted as I took a step towards him, ordering Jay softly to get behind the couch, "killed you."

"Buck, I'm here. I'm here, Buck. I'm not dead." I took another step towards him knowing he was completely smashed or high, "Give me the gun."

Bucks drug house seemed smaller than usual, the walls seemed to cave in he raised the gun to my head. My blood pumped loudly in my ears as I stated calmly, "I am okay."

He shook his head slowly, "She killed the only friend I've had."

Buck loaded the hand gun and put his hand on the trigger, my eyes widened realising he probably thought I was part of his imagination. He'd shoot straight through me aiming for Jay.

"Buck!" Jay shouted, she'd run to left of me and Buck swung the gun in her direction. I launched for him as the bang went off, we fell to ground together. I ripped the gun out of his hand and slid it across the floor away from us, pinning him to the ground.

Tears poured down his cheeks. Mentally kicking myself I turned to see if Jay was alright. I should've seen it, Buck constantly taking drugs would eventually lead to an outbreak of anger. I was stupid enough to bring Jay into the home of a bomb.

Jay hand her hands on her head, breathing heavily. There was no bullet wound, I turned back to Buck who'd passed out.

"Jay, I think we'll be sleeping here tonight."

J A Y

I watched silently, the old couch digging into my back uncomfortably. Soren tucked Buck into bed, checking his fever before turning back to me.

His footsteps echoing around the silent house, taking my hands and pulled me up. He checked for any wounds even after my statement that I was fine.

"I can't leave him." Soren ran a hand through his messy black hair, "He could hurt someone else or get worse, fever wise."

"Shouldn't we take him to a hospital?" I suggested, staring at the man who was sweating under the covers.

Soren shook his head, "He'd be sent to jail with the amount he's consumed, probably all illegal too." Blue eyes found mine, "You shouldn't walk home alone, is your dad going to check if you're home?"