43. Traditions and Pancakes

Please read!

Please read!

As many of you may or may not know, I am Australian... writing an American based book (good one, author. You really nailed it there.) Though, my editor (90shalsey ) is American so we try very hard to stick to American pronunciation , (e.g colour and color) but sometimes things do slip up. Some of you have commented in correction to spelling, but I'd like you to know 1/3 cases it's simply cultural. Enjoy xx

S O R E N

I hid behind the marble pillar, holding the gun next to my face, the cold metal touching my cheekbone ever so slightly. Holding my breath, I dared my lungs to breathe as someone moved in the shadows.

My heart thumped in my ears. I took a deep breath before sprinting along the hall. Turning around to shoot a maid straight between the eyes.

She screamed from the red and green powder that cascaded over her protective glasses and blue jumpsuit. The young girl huffed once before giving me a silly grin which gave a small smirk in reply.

Christmas morning was an act of war.
Everyone in the household, young or old, maid or mother, everyone grabbed a powdered gun, the house on full lockdown. The rules dusting around laser tag, if you're hit the you're out. Last one standing wins.

I ran through the silence, seeing Albert holding a gun at the end of the hall.

I hadn't talked to him since telling him I wasn't his blooded son, I could either run or hide. Though, I was sick of hiding. Hiding my thoughts, who I was—who I am.

Exposed in every angle, mentally and physically. Albert was looking around but hadn't glanced in my direction. He'd hear me if I moved, shooting without hesitation. If I stayed, I was a goner.

Raising my gun, I looked through the glass lens that glazed Albert over with red tinge. My finger hovered of the trigger, my breath hitching when he turned to look at me, Albert raised his gun and pulled the trigger.

"For the love of G--"A man cursed behind me, the butler dropped to the ground holding his man-goods, Christmas coloured wet dusting covering the crotch of the thin layered material.

Looking back to Albert, he nodded before sneaking off down the marble stairs, my mother nailed him straight in heart minutes later.

Leaning over the glossy railing, I watched Red and Sandra have a stand off. A smile tugging on my lips as Red dropped to his knees, arms wide open, eyes staring at her lovely.

"Win for us, babe." He yelled dramatically, words echoed the silent mansion, Sandra shot him without hesitation. He fell to the ground gripping his side that would surely have a bruise, she walked up to him, tilted his face off the ground and kissed him gently.