33. money, money, money

[unedited]S O R E N

[unedited]
S O R E N

"Why do you come to counselling?" Henry asked, the room warm against the cold weather pushing against windows, begging to come inside.

I looked up from the floor, "That is literally the dumbest thing that's has ever left your mouth." He shrugged and waited for an answer, "School requirements."

Henry smiled gently, "And why do they want you to come?"

"Cuz' I fuck up everything." Wednesday's were officially the worst day of the week, I should've kept the Daisy chick.

He flicked through a cream folder, "Multiple fights, grade failure, disrespect in clas--"

"Hey—hey! You can't just sit there and judging me," I leaned forward, "You sit there looking down at me, thinking yer better than me. You judging people like us--"

"Like us?" He interrupted but I ignored him.

"You have no idea what happening back home or in my life. Don't fucking sit there and judge me cuz' you don't know nothin' of the reason why I do what I do." He closed my folder as I breathed heavily.

"What's happening back home?" Henry's voice was annoyingly calm, pulling the sleeves up of his blue sweater.

"Nothin'" I growled, annoyed about the whole situation.

"You're going on break at the end of this week, that'd one whole term that you've ignored any help I've tried to give you," He leaned back in his chair, "You might think you're going to break me and I'd give up. Then only person that you're disadvantaging is yourself."

I smiled, "Hours up."

Grabbing my bag I walked towards the door, he said nothing. Leaving the warm room only to meet the gaze of Jay who held a book up to face, the end of a highlighter between her teeth.

"How'd it go?" She pulled her feet off the couch, stuffing her book into her bag.

I shrugged and passed her the highlighter lid she'd dropped, "We have to go somewhere after school."

A crease formed between her eyebrows, "I find it almost scary that the day the café closes due to harsh weather is the day you say we're going somewhere. Like you planned it..."

"Cuz' I can totally control the weather." I rolle my eyes and looked back at Henry who was leaning in the doorway grinning, "You have an hour of him, right?"