29. to dance is to fly

J A Y

J A Y

Beatrice reminded me of a cat. She would snuggle up to you if she wanted and if she didn't want to, there was nothing you could do to make her love you. I also found she was too cute for her own good, Fleck would spoil her and Soren was constantly trying to make her laugh.

In the end, I was on babysitting duty as Soren punched the crap out of a bag full of sand while Fleck trained him.

I'd watch Fleck yell at him to push harder for the past half an hour to the point where I thought Soren was just going to turn around and punch him straight in the face.

"You." Beatrice got my attention with her attitude filled tone, "Why do you keep staring at my husband?"

My eyes widened, "Your husband—"

She stuck her chubby fingers toward my face, a candy ring sitting on her pointer fingers, "We're married, he gave it to me. Meaning you can't look at him."

I laughed, "Soren gave you that?" She nodded seriously, "Well, did he say he whoves you?"

She screwed up her face before shaking her head slowly. Guilt covered my face as her lip trembled and tears filled her eyes.

"Wait! Wait!" I put my hands up, "Doesn't matter, you're married. Soren and Beatrice McKinin. Whoooh!"

She snapped her head up and grinned evilly before strutting her small body toward Soren who was pulling himself on a bar, my mouth went dry.

"Husband," Beatrice called at Soren as I stood up, walking after her as she trotted over to Fleck who picked her up, "Husband? Hello?"

Fleck covered her mouth, "Not now princess, he's busy." He gave me look which I held my hands up to defensively.

Pointing at her I whispered, "She's evil, look at those puppy dog eyes."

He shook his head in laughter and turned his attention to Soren. My eyes followed his gaze and I watched his muscular back tense as he pulled up on the bar, sweat dripped off his hair before sliding down his drenched back.

Faint large scars covered his entire back and I turned my head to one side, trying to get a better look.

Beatrice kicked me straight in the shin, "MY HUSBAND."

I opened my mouth to scold her but Soren dropped off the bar and smile at her, she ran from my glare into his sweaty arms.