Chapter 30: Kindred Spirits

TJ's POV:

One lazy Sunday I found my thoughts drifting off to Ty, I missed him but there was no way I was gonna call him. I hadn't heard from him in a while and maybe it was better that way. There were great times with Ty and would forever cherish those.

My mind drifted to the first time we met on the set of Baby Boy. We clicked from the beginning. It was like we were kindred spirits or soulmate. Ty was the yin to my yen. The chemistry was there from the beginning and we tried to fight it the first couple of years but even our friends could see the spark.

We went from being strangers to co-workers, to best friends really quick. After shooting Baby Boy we remained best friends and in contact. We would visit each other's houses, go for lunches and dinners. We met each other's mothers, relatives and friends. We basically became family. We sometimes had little spats like family because we both had such strong personalities. Our little spats never lasted for long and we never stayed mad at each other for more than a couple of hours.

When Ty and were not working you would find us together. It was like we were Siamese twins. That was before we became lovers. Maybe we should have never crossed the line.

Transitioning from Best friends took a couple of years, we had to be sure we were doing the right thing.

We could talk about anything and everything without any judgement. I cringe now when I think to the time we would even tell each other about the people we were dating. It was like we went through each other's relationships together. (As weird as that might sound, we were basically there for each other through it all). We were there for all the breakups and were each other's shoulder to lean on.

We had so much in common. We always had something to talk about, we were never at a loss for words when in each other's company. Conversations were always fun and we learnt a lot from each other.

When we decided to get romantically involved, we got involved with each other's best friend. We were no strangers.

I was less guarded than I normally would be. There was no reason to be guarded until I found out Ty cheated on me.

One thing I know for sure is that the feelings were mutual. Ty always reciprocated my feelings and there was mutual respect. He was an attentive, fun, loving and thoughtful lover. What we shared was real, that I am sure of.

I will never think of Ty as a bad person. He may be a cheater but I sincerely hope he will mature as he gets older.

I don't know that we can be friends again, it hurts too much. Letting go of someone you still love hearts a lot. It feels like some type of death because things will never be the same again. The death of what could have been, the death of both your hope and dreams.

When we first broke up I felt like I was hit by a train, I felt sad, disillusioned and confused. I still feel confused sometimes. That is why I am keeping my distance from Ty, it will be too easy to end up in his bed again.

Thank you for reading, I really appreciate it a lot. Please like, comment and share the story with your followers