Chapter 32: The heart wants what it wants.

Ty's POV:

After what had happened previously (me cheating while drunk), I vowed to stop drinking completely when 2016 began, I became a teetotaller. What scared me about the cheating was that I didn't remember what happened the following morning. What if I had contracted HIV or something, all it takes is one night. Losing TJ also was a wakeup call.

TJ was back in Chicago and shooting Empire season 3. Things were a bit strained between us and maybe it was better this way. We needed some distance between us.

We still followed each other on social media and I could see that she was busy with season 3 of Empire and after that she and Terrance went all over promoting Empire, they even went to Brazil and South Africa.

I was in Atlanta all this time putting the finishing touches to my Black Rose and afterwards I went all over the country promoting it

TJ and I had not seen or talked to each since 2015.

I had been on a few dates with several girls but I always lost interest after the first date. There was just something missing. I hosted and went to a lot of parties in Atlanta and there were a lot of hot girls around, model type girls, but it just wasn't not the same.

I had a few one night stands it was all about satisfying the beast inside. It took care of physical needs but it always left me feeling empty. I always used protection. The heart wants what it wants which is still TJ but I can't force her to do anything she doesn't feel comfortable with.

Around the end of February 2016, I started hearing rumors that she was dating the internationally renowned Scottish DJ Calvin Harris.

I hated that and I would feel myself losing my temper every time I saw pictures of them on social media but it was none if my business. It was not like she promised to wait for me.

But my heart wants what it wants and that is TJ.

I had to keep my distance, now that she had a man.

Around end of May I started hearing rumors that they broke up. And I started reaching out to her as a friend since it was a messy break up. It was all over the papers that he cheated on her with 5 different girls.

When we were both in LA we went out for lunch and I teased her about having being with a white guy, it was done in Jest no harm was intended. It was like the old times with TJ. We were once more comfortable which other. But I was not gonna push it, maybe we were better off as friends. Plus it was too soon after her break up.

It was a few days before the 2016 BET Awards, she wanted to go together but my mom and sisters and my brother Tyrone were in town with their spouses and kids and I couldn't commit to going.

She pouted a bit and looked at me with those puppy dog eyes. I laughed a bit, this woman would be the death of me.

I promised to take her out the day before the BET Awards to make it up to her. I booked a private room at our favorite restaurant in the Hollywood hills.

The dinner (Ty's POV):

It was a great night and I enjoyed eating out with her because she was such a foodie.

Dining out with her was always an enjoyable experience.

We had the following for dinner:

1stcourse we each ordered the fennel and lettuce salad.

2nd course: we both ordered the mushroom soup.

3rd course: I ordered the rib eye steak with beet, potato and kale. She ordered duck with cabbage, squash and sage